Official Wfo-5 Web Site - Online!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're tho arthitic! ;) :D

Rather see an '03 - '05 profile unless you're greasing the wheel, so to speak...

Moved this post. Can't seem to delete it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're tho arthitic! ;)   :D
No, no... this isn't *my* work; I'm the app developer, not the graphics guy... one of my Photoshop gurus at work did this banner.... :D

Rather see an '03 - '05 profile unless you're greasing the wheel, so to speak...
Yes, in fact, I am.... ;)

WC, are you going to add a page for whose attending? I wanna start preparing material early, especially for that SkooterG feller. :D

This sounds like a blast and I'm going to plan on attending. My dad lives in South Lake Tahoe and I can swing by his place on the way.

WC, are you going to add a page for whose attending?
Yep, after we get the first hundred or so sign-ups, I'll post a list of attendees that will automagically get updated as registrations occur.

Which shouldn't be too long from now... we are already over 50 WFO-5 registrations as of this morning..... :D

And for those who don't already know it, Hot August Nights is at the same time!!
Just to be clear. Hot August Nights STARTS as WFO FINISHES. WFO is Thursday to Sunday with check-out Monday morning for those hangers-on. Hot August Nights may officially start the same Sunday, but won't build up until later in the week and weekend.

Those that only want WFO, don't worry about leather and crowd folks dominating Reno. They won't really be in force until we leave.

Guess, my point is that those that want to go to both are going to have a great 9 or 10 days partying.

Planning at its best! :clap: Living around Reno, I've seen many years of Hot August Night's and I never get tire of it. Well worth the stay if you've never attended! Cars are great, but FJR's are Better! :D Like I said, perfect planning!

Ladies and Gentleman,

Am new here..got my FJR in May of O5 have 11K miles on it. Have looked at the FJRtech website dozens as I wanted to sych my carbs etc...Great site WC. I missed wfo4 because of illnesses in my wife's family but I will definitely be there in July.

I have put my bike over almost every road the rides at wfo5 will travel. My wife and I live in the SF bay area during the week but our second home is in Twain Harte, 10 miles above Sonora on SR 108. SR4 and SR108 are why god created the FJR 1300. Tight nasty and wearing is SR4, with great views...Sweeping and majestic is 108...untill you get near the top. Then you climb, brake, excelerate and climb some more. From the west you will gain 3000 feet in 15 minutes. Stunning views and intense riding. My fav weekend mornings are spent there.

I can't remember who posted about possible farkle stations at the hilton but that sounds great. I have a few things I would like to do to my bike but am afraid to commit without testing. My wife says she is not surprised. Didn't get married til I was 50. (bad joke) Anyway...will fill out the app soon and am really looking forward to the show.

Last comment, If you have not spent time riding in the Sierras or other high altitude places you will love this tour. One word of caution. If you are riding west in the early morning be sure to have a good visor or sunglasses. You will ride between 200 foot trees then open on to clear skies with the sun dead in your eyes. It can be dazzling and totally blinding. But it is beautiful

See you there

Waaane

Scuse me folks,

In the last comment on previous post I typod. when I said "riding west" I meant east. West is no problem in the morning. The sun is at your back. when riding west be careful in the late afternoon. Same rules apply. The sun is way brighter at high altitude.

Later

Waaane

I don't know how we'll have time to do it all. Maybe if we don't sleep! I second the sentiments on Hwys 108 & 4, and I'm sure there are some awesome rides more local to Reno. If you've never seen Pyramid Lake it's eye-poppin' beautiful. To think of seeing 100 or more FJR's in one place boggles my simple mind. Can we get a keg or do we have to pay the going rate by the bottle/glass? Hey, kegger! :clap:

Planning at its best! :clap: Living around Reno, I've seen many years of Hot August Night's and I never get tire of it. Well worth the stay if you've never attended! Cars are great, but FJR's are Better! :D Like I said, perfect planning!
And more props to scheduling by our benevolent dictator.........MotoGP is the weekend before in Laguna Seca, California (319 miles from Reno). To those wanting to make it two week trifecta and gorge themselves on all things motorcycle better start saving up their vacation.

To think of seeing 100 or more FJR's in one place boggles my simple mind.
Oh, you'll see many hundreds of FJRs at WFO-5! No question about it!

Hell, the last time HMarc and I hosted a WFO event, we had well over 120 FJRs... next year, we have several thousand more '05 FJRs (and '06's) to draw upon since our last event, so we anticipate the Silver State Pavilion at the Reno Hilton will be packed to the rafters with FJRs! :D

Here's a shot of the bikes at WFO-3 in Moscow, Idaho, July 30, 2004:

wfo3_megaFJRs.jpg

My wife and I live in the SF bay area during the week but our second home is in Twain Harte, 10 miles above Sonora on SR 108
Twain Harte eh! I see many 05's around town, maybe I saw you too?

My wife and I live in the SF bay area during the week but our second home is in Twain Harte, 10 miles above Sonora on SR 108
Could be, I go through Sonora to get out to hiway49, Parrots Ferryand hiway 4. I will be at Gold Rush motors Friday. The FJR needs new rubber in a big way. I was thinking about putting some avons on it but if I wear out tires faster then I am now, the love of my life might bring the hammer down. So its stock tires for me. Besides, I can't say I ever worked these to their limits :rolleyes:

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.