Ohio cop busted doing 150mph on motorcycle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of beating dead horses ,,, what's the latest news on MJ ,,,, <_< :dribble: :blink:
Thanks for hijacking the thread, but since you did, here we go...Here he is 3K years ago.

No Lie MJ story.

michael-jackson-statue-egyptian_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK fess up!
Gahanna officer clocked at 149 mph pleads guilty

Licking County Municipal Judge W. David Branstool fined Thomas the maximum $150 and suspended Thomas' driver's license for six months, citing the reckless nature of the crime. Thomas had faced a maximum suspension of three years.
$Max $150. WTF, I think the county's leaving some money on the table. <_<
I think so! I was informed (no, not along side the road!) that 100 mph in Oregon is $1103 and 30-90 days license suspension. I'll bet 150 mph would be reckless driving, which, in Oregon, is criminal.

But to cover your buddy and then turn around and ticket the guy that pays your paycheck is hypocritical.

You dont pay anyones paycheck. You dont sign anyones check, you dont pass out anyones check, you just pay your taxes like everyone else including every law enforcement officer in the land.

FJR Blues ,,, Wasn't really trying to hi-jack ,,, Just trying to poke some fun... :clapping: :clapping:

And $1100 for speeding in Oregon !!?? :dribble: I think I'll stay in Ohio to do my speeding.. :rolleyes:

BTW, for both Jeff O and dangerdog, there are a number of law enforcement officer on this forum, my last count was 32. We don't hate cops and if you are of that opinion you are very wrong.
Didnt mean to imply the whole board has it in for anyone, in fact i never said that at all. I quoted two posts and asked them if they were always this dickish or was this only when they talk about law enforcement. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Dickish? They intentionally break the law that they would arrest me for breaking, and don't even get a ticket until 8 days later after the citing officer has been told by numerous other cops he needs to cover his own ass on this one and write his friend up. Then the guy gets a $150.00 dollar fine and 6 months suspend of HIS DRIVERS LICENSE.

You really don't think that is lenient? Good God man, pass the koolaid.

Let me add a disclaimer: I've got nothing against cops in general, they have a very frustrating job to do that often turns dangerous, I respect that tremendously. But the two sets of rules thing really gripes my ass.

There was a time in my life when i did a lot of SCCA racing and fast and furious type crap that i spent a lot of time at 130+ (albeit in a car). Every time I passed a cop at those speeds they didn't bother. (usually 3 am in the middle of Wisconsin).

I think this is all fair enough, i got a 93 in a 55 in IL and the ticket was 50 bucks and 6 months probation. That was about 40 over, he was 80 over, so 150 seems fair, the 6 months of suspended license sucks.

What seems strange is that they didn't just let the guys go and tell their superior officers (or god forbid, their wives).

So there are a couple of updates and one WTF?!

The fact that the citations were issued after-the-fact is being called an error in judgement by a young trooper.

Story Here.

Hmm. Interesting.

The trooper that had pleaded not guilty changed his mind. Gee, I wonder why he changed his mind? I mean, if you're not guilty you're not guilty... He also got a $150 fine and 6-month license suspension.

Story Here.

And now, for the WTF?!

A Gahanna police officer (the same police department as the guy who is on disability and was clocked at 149; different officer, though) is suing the department. Why? His wife posed in Playboy, resulting in an unbearable working environment.

Yep - she was in Playboy. (News article link.)

What in the hell is in the water that Gahanna police officers are drinking???

...... there are a number of law enforcement officer on this forum, my last count was 32. We don't hate cops and if you are of that opinion you are very wrong
uhhhhhh,,,....Perhaps more accurate to say: Some of us don't hate ALL cops.

...... there are a number of law enforcement officer on this forum, my last count was 32. We don't hate cops and if you are of that opinion you are very wrong
uhhhhhh,,,....Perhaps more accurate to say: Some of us don't hate ALL cops.
Wow...your post is very interesting. ;)

:lol:

And now, for the WTF?!A Gahanna police officer (the same police department as the guy who is on disability and was clocked at 149; different officer, though) is suing the department. Why? His wife posed in Playboy, resulting in an unbearable working environment.

Is it wrong that literally within 5 minutes of reading this post, i read her name off the article and googled her? :ph34r:

Not bad for 4 kids. Some heavy airbrushing going on, but not bad.

So there are a couple of updates and one WTF?!

And now, for the WTF?!

A Gahanna police officer (the same police department as the guy who is on disability and was clocked at 149; different officer, though) is suing the department. Why? His wife posed in Playboy, resulting in an unbearable working environment.

What in the hell is in the water that Gahanna police officers are drinking???
and the plot thickens ,,,,,,,,

Now let me get this straight ,,,you have a gorgeous wife ,,that poses and is featured in Playboy ,, and you don't expect the guys you work with

to tease you about it ,,??!! especially a bunch of cops ,,,,,

What Planet is this guy from ???

I think what he should have done is,,, get extra copies of Playboy ,, had his wife autograph them ,, and handed them out to everybody in the

dept,,,,, and say, when you give them a copy,,,, Plus She can cook ....

Oh,,, the speeding cops were talked about on the morning news ,,,again ,,,,,,,, :dribble:

I decided a short time ago that the two worst jobs in the whole country were either being a cop or a being a rock critic.

Being a cop because it is dangerous, you have to deal with scum like judges and lawyers, let alone the criminals, there are times where you probably have to lie, and often you're way to far from a bathroom for a person of my vintage.

Oh, yeah, rock critic because you have to pretend that something new has happened in the last 20 years, that the parties your talking about actually have some creativity beyond attitude and impersonation, and then compound this disception by acting excited about it.

Being a cop is a tough job, I'm leaning toward rock critic.

Rolavine, so let me get this straight:

You can't say anything bad about cops, but it's OK to generalize and berate all judges and lawyers as being scum?

(before anyone asks, I'm none of the above)

Don't take it personally, Rolly. I'm just pointing out that there are good and bad peeps in every profession.

[edit] and I'm with the old&slow guy. Anyone that has a Playboy model for a wife has no right to complain about anything!!

You can't say anything bad about cops, but it's OK to generalize and berate all judges and lawyers as being scum? (before anyone asks, I'm none of the above)
HEY - one of my college roomates is a blood sucker ... er ... I mean, lawyer.

He's also a judge.

:glare:

But he is a good guy, and he has my deep respect, even though he and I are political polar opposites.

and I'm with the old&slow guy. Anyone that has a Playboy model for a wife has no right to complain about anything!!
Gunny!

Rolavine, so let me get this straight:
You can't say anything bad about cops, but it's OK to generalize and berate all judges and lawyers as being scum?

(before anyone asks, I'm none of the above)

Don't take it personally, Rolly. I'm just pointing out that there are good and bad peeps in every profession.

[edit] and I'm with the old&slow guy. Anyone that has a Playboy model for a wife has no right to complain about anything!!
I thought the part about rock critic made it clear I was kidding, but, having the worst job in the country is not saying anything bad about them?

Also, I have special permission to pick on the legal profession, both my brothers and one of my sons are lawyers, with another son in process, so this is nothing more than telling Polish Jokes if you're Polish.

But to cover your buddy and then turn around and ticket the guy that pays your paycheck is hypocritical.

You dont pay anyones paycheck. You dont sign anyones check, you dont pass out anyones check, you just pay your taxes like everyone else including every law enforcement officer in the land.
If you work for the government in any capacity then your paycheck is paid by those in the private sector.

If you work for the government in any capacity then your paycheck is paid by those in the private sector.

Actually, those that work in the government sector also contribute to government pay checks. Basically we all pay taxes so that our local or federal governments will have enough money in the fund to pay us. Also, don't forget that those in the private sector also depend on others for their checks as well. If you work for a private jewelry maker, but no one buys your jewlery, there will be no paycheck. So, if you work for anyone in any capacity, your paycheck is paid by those in the private sector. Interesting concept huh?

[SIZE=8pt]Not meant to be political in any way...Simply stating fact as my bullshit opinion is irrelevant here. No paychecks, government workers, or private sector workers were harmed in the typing of this post. Except now my wittle finger hurts because I got it caught between the 'b' and the 'v' when typing "bullshit".[/SIZE] :p