Ohio Ride?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstaff

tstaff
Reaction score
Weather looks good for Sunday the 25th, 44/55 partly cloudy & only 10% chance of rain. :yahoo:

Starting out from Youngstown area heading to the SE Ohio Twisties & back aprox, 350-400 miles.

Who wants to ride?

Weather looks good for Sunday the 25th, 44/55 partly cloudy & only 10% chance of rain. :yahoo: Starting out from Youngstown area heading to the SE Ohio Twisties & back aprox, 350-400 miles.

Who wants to ride?
Go west young man and I'd be willing to meet up with ya somewhere between Cleveland and Toledo.

Don't let my Avatar influence your response to this fantastic offer.

@shadow:The point is that the good Ohio riding is south and east

His Avatar tells you everything you need to know. :lol:

NWS for Shadow

Sorry Shadow, I don't think I know of any good roads between Cleveland & Toledo.

Weather forcast still looks good.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah I got it ... but I heard in-breeding is rampant in that part of Ohio so I'm sort of scared to stray too far South and East :dribble:

His Avatar tells you everything you need to know. :lol:

NWS for Shadow

Sorry Shadow, I don't think I know of any good roads between Cleveland & Toledo.

Weather forcast still looks good.

Tom
You're right, pretty boring in that part of Ohio. Now Michigan (pronounced MEEEEECHIGAN) is a superior state for motorcycle riding so if you're in my neighborhood some day let me know and I'll give you a tour.

Please give some examples. I may be coming up that way mid-April. I will be going through Lousiville nnorth towards Gahanna.
Don't have time now... but buy a gazetteer of Ohio or look on MS S & T. Or look on the route I have in the ramble thread...2nd to last page...that area is good.

Or take the hint...south and east. Tstaff can help you out better. I'm just a visiting flatlander from IL.

Yeah I got it ... but I heard in-breeding is rampant in that part of Ohio so I'm sort of scared to stray too far South and East :dribble:

Charles Manson is from SE Ohio, enough said.

But they sure have great roads.

You're right, pretty boring in that part of Ohio. Now Michigan (pronounced MEEEEECHIGAN) is a superior state for motorcycle riding so if you're in my neighborhood some day let me know and I'll give you a tour.

I will be in your neighborhood November 17th, no bike.

The Big House has nothing on SE Ohio!

... Now Michigan (pronounced MEEEEECHIGAN) is a superior state for motorcycle riding ...
<offtopic> You ARE kidding right? Hey, my family loves the beaches of western MI, but buy a map of both states...and compare. Post up an MS S&T map what part of Michigan has an area of curvy roads the size of se ohio. It doesn't. <backontopic>

Sorry I can't go tstaff. Maybe some other time this year.

I might be ready by then. I've got it tore apart for maint, and fixing the mess the local wrench left me after the TPS install. I rode a couple more roads, in the area you'd probably like. 250,519,9,149 to Bellaire,then scoot down 7 to Hanibal and reverse the ride from the river back to Cadiz??????? We can still meet in Cadiz. FYI Manson was from Benwood WVa.

... Now Michigan (pronounced MEEEEECHIGAN) is a superior state for motorcycle riding ...
<offtopic> You ARE kidding right? Hey, my family loves the beaches of western MI, but buy a map of both states...and compare. Post up an MS S&T map what part of Michigan has an area of curvy roads the size of se ohio. It doesn't. <backontopic>

Sorry I can't go tstaff. Maybe some other time this year.
Yes I was kidding ... but not about the in-breeding.

I haven't strayed too far from SE Michigan/NW Ohio since I bought my bike late last summer. I'm originally from NW Ohio (non-in-breeding part of Oh) and know that area is pretty boring compared to SE Mi which is where I live now. Not that many twisty's but plenty of pretty scenary here.

If I was to be able to go where could I meet ya in say Wheeling? I can get to there in 4 hours or so. Say i was to get to Wheeling @ 10 -10 thirtyish and find some quick breakfast place?

I might be ready by then. I've got it tore apart for maint, and fixing the mess the local wrench left me after the TPS install. I rode a couple more roads, in the area you'd probably like. 250,519,9,149 to Bellaire,then scoot down 7 to Hanibal and reverse the ride from the river back to Cadiz??????? We can still meet in Cadiz. FYI Manson was from Benwood WVa.

Hi Tim,

Hope you can make it, Looks like it might be dry this time.

I have some tentative plans to meet up with a couple of guys at the old gas station at 70 & 800 around 10:45/11:00 who will be coming from the Columbus area. I was thinking 800S/78E/536S/7S maybe lunch in Sisterville, 800N/26S to Marietta. Then 821N/145N back to 800N heading for home. Let me know what you think?

Hope to see you Sunday.

Tom

If I was to be able to go where could I meet ya in say Wheeling? I can get to there in 4 hours or so. Say i was to get to Wheeling @ 10 -10 thirtyish and find some quick breakfast place?

Hi Blue,

Your welcome to join in, we will be at the old gas station just south of I-70 on Rt. 800 around 10:45/11:00 Sunday AM. Hope you can make it.

I might also be able to ride this Sunday... so might see you all there....

Mike

Hi Blue,

Your welcome to join in, we will be at the old gas station just south of I-70 on Rt. 800 around 10:45/11:00 Sunday AM. Hope you can make it.

Is that in barneville?

Thanks Mike

I might also be able to ride this Sunday... so might see you all there....
Mike

Hi Blue,

Is that in barneville?

Thanks Mike
Just north of Barnsville at the highway.

Ok!

at the old gas station at 70 & 800 around 10:45/11:00
it is. If I had some more info I might be able to hook up with the couple of guys coming form Columbus at around 8:30. According to streets & trips I can be on the east side of Columbus by 8:30 if I leave my house at 5:30. For me this is doable.

looks like fun :yahoo:

430461774_2de5fd303b_o.jpg

Streets says 177.8 miles 3hrs 31min. But it never takes in account the FJR factor.

Looks like 255 could be a real hoot also? Less time chasing the river and more twisties. But I don't know these roads.