Ohio Ride?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Blue, it should be fun.

Weatherman is now calling for 30% chance of rain Sunday, but that won't stop us. B)

We have about 100 miles of twisties to get down to 70 & 800 so that will put us around 400 miles total for the day. Your going to need to be on the road early from North Salem.

You're right, pretty boring in that part of Ohio. Now Michigan (pronounced MEEEEECHIGAN) is a superior state for motorcycle riding so if you're in my neighborhood some day let me know and I'll give you a tour.

This way to Shadows house; :lol:

West until you smell it, North until you step in it.

signtoannarbor.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
T - You know I pass through Toledo on 475 every day on my way to work. Ironically my route takes me right passed the Toledo Correctional Institute where former Ohio State Buckeye Maurice Clarett now calls home. Now that you've mentioned it, I do notice the distinct smell of poopoo coming from that area. Poor Maurice. I just hope all the true Buckeye fans haven't forgotten about him. :cray:

Bad Buckeye

If Shadow is skeered of South East Ohio, he's really going to enjoy, EOM in WV.

Or God forbid he ever wanders into Kentucky.

I live in Morgantown about a hour or so away from Wheeling and I need to put some miles on my FJR. PM me the details and if is not snowing I'm riding. What exit off of I-70 are you talking about? My bike only has 58 miles on her so have to get to 100 and a oil change by Sunday but I'm ready to go.

Bill

:unsure:

Whats wrong with Ken tuck E :blink:

other than my basketball team resides in Durham, NC and my football teams reside in Ohio!

and there are quite a few round headed people here!!!! does that mean they are inbread!!!!! :wacko:

:unsure:

Whats wrong with Ken tuck E :blink:

other than my basketball team resides in Durham, NC and my football teams reside in Ohio!

and there are quite a few round headed people here!!!! does that mean they are inbread!!!!! :wacko:

I think you guys are taking me way too seriously. I have nothing against SE Ohio, Kentucky, WV or any other state for that matter.

BTW: If I can't make it to EOM, please say hi to this guy

ReddenDeliverence.jpg

I live in Morgantown about a hour or so away from Wheeling and I need to put some miles on my FJR. PM me the details and if is not snowing I'm riding. What exit off of I-70 are you talking about? My bike only has 58 miles on her so have to get to 100 and a oil change by Sunday but I'm ready to go.
Bill
The exit# is 202 I believe. Anyway it'll say rt 800. Left at the stop and just across the I70 overpass.

Wow this is fun isn't it....nice to have some fun ribbing.

man so long ago, growing up in Cincinnati, and woody hayes ohio state football coach, wouldn't buy gas from your state!!! hehehhehe

It's all in fun Shadow.

You just need to get your FJR out of MEEEEEEEEEEATCHICKEN & get on some roads where you can really appreciate the sport side of your bike.

Tom

Well back to the ride, I hope to be there and meet all those that are going to be riding in se oh.

it's about 200 slab miles to get to Columbus for me, so as of right now that is the plan.

hopefully the weather is good all day!!!!!!!

Shadow king, sorry if i offended you, it is all just in good fun... hope you can make it....

Well back to the ride, I hope to be there and meet all those that are going to be riding in se oh.
it's about 200 slab miles to get to Columbus for me, so as of right now that is the plan.

hopefully the weather is good all day!!!!!!!

Shadow king, sorry if i offended you, it is all just in good fun... hope you can make it....

See you Sunday Mike.

Calling for Sunny & 70 in Marietta Sunday. :yahoo:

200 to Columbus & another 100 miles of slab to get to 70/800.

Tom, What's the planned route from 172&9......if I have time I'll plug it into the gps. Also, doesn't sound like we're getting a "get out of jail card" this trip!

John

Tom, What's the planned route from 172&9......if I have time I'll plug it into the gps. Also, doesn't sound like we're getting a "get out of jail card" this trip!
John

9S, 22W, 800S.

There will be 3 or 4 of us meeting you at 172, I'm ready.

It's all in fun Shadow.You just need to get your FJR out of MEEEEEEEEEEATCHICKEN & get on some roads where you can really appreciate the sport side of your bike.

Tom

Have a good ride T (and the rest )... looks like a fun route, wish I could be there.

Do you know anything about this ATL ? I'm sorta thinking about it.

S

So what's the agenda? I might be available Sunday ;)

BlueDevil, what time you expecting to head up I-71? or I-75?

Mebe we can hook up.

-MD

Snip

I have some tentative plans to meet up with a couple of guys at the old gas station at 70 & 800 around 10:45/11:00 who will be coming from the Columbus area. I was thinking 800S/78E/536S/7S maybe lunch in Sisterville, 800N/26S to Marietta. Then 821N/145N back to 800N heading for home.
Is this still the primary meeting place (other than you guys getting breakfast somewhere before hand).

I'm approx 200 hundy miles and ~3.5 hours from that spot.

That's where I'll be if I can swing this tomorrow. Still manipulating plans, read:negotiating :)

-MD