Ohio Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What am I doing this weekend?Not riding,my '04 goes in to be de-ticked Thursday.If the fix goes as good as the service to this point,I HIGHLY recommend Doug Kane's in Zanesville.No hassle,one phone call and the bike was scheduled to be fixed in less than 10 minutes.A little better than the dealer I bought the bike from-his response,"You've been reading to much on the internet."

Okay, what's everyone doing this weekend in NE ohio? Lets get together and ride. :yahoo: I'm just north of Medina, so lets pick a spot, meet and ride. ;)
I'm up for the ride but it will have to be another weekend, going to the West Virginia ramble this weekend. See Regional ride planning southeast.

I would like to get together for a ride also but will be up in Wisconsin and the UP next 3-4 days on a trip.

Well, I have 2 friends that ride Bandit 1200's amd we are planning to do route 800 to southern Ohio on Sunday. Anyone want to join us? I'll post the details as soon as we firm up our plans. Looks like we'll leave from somewhere in Medina about 9;30 am on Sunday ;)

Thanks for the Tips on Shops:

Sat or Sun ride is okay by me.

Will check map to see where Medina is at.

Will check early Sat if anyone posts for a ride on Sat...If not will check for the Sunday one.

B) Sorry folks......I've been out riding. Started this thread back in March, and forgot all about it. Nice to see so many Ohio guys stand and "want to be counted" I'm riding an '05 ABS out of Leetonia Oh. About 24 miles south of Youngstown. Work in Canfield, and commute daily. Just got back from Deals Gap, and "Ole Blue" performed flawlessly.

I would love to show ya'll southern Columbiana/Jefferson counties version of the "Dragon" sometime.

Anybody heading for Mid Ohio to the races?......Beautiful track and very spectator friendly. Could be a good location for a mini rally :p

Saw some Westervillians chime in... I'm heading down to Iron Pony next weekend, and swinging by the AMA museum, sorry to say I've never been there!(AMA Museum) :dribble: shame on me, it is pretty close to home.

John

Hey Grn1200,

If you want to go on Sat. call me in the morning and we can meet in Litchfield. In North Ridgeville get on 83 and go south till it intersects 18. That is Litchfield, there is a Sunoco right there where we can meet and go from there.

Phone # 440-647-4610 or cell 440-897-6916

I'd rather go riding then work on my truck in 90 degree heat.

I'm in Cincinnati also. Grew up mostly in Northern KY, lots of nice routes over there.

A couple good roads in S.E.O.-536,556.Take a ride on 536 and if you know a more twisty road in Ohio please let me know-because I haven't found one.12 miles of elevation changes,snaking curves,great views and new pavement.556 is much of the same but slightly less aggressive.They both run off of RT 7 (536 Hannibal,556 Clarington) so you can make a loop ride out of them.If you get a chance to ride them I'd love to hear what you think.Be careful,these snakes could easily bite.

A couple good roads in S.E.O.-536,556.Take a ride on 536 and if you know a more twisty road in Ohio please let me know-because I haven't found one.12 miles of elevation changes,snaking curves,great views and new pavement.556 is much of the same but slightly less aggressive.They both run off of RT 7 (536 Hannibal,556 Clarington) so you can make a loop ride out of them.If you get a chance to ride them I'd love to hear what you think.Be careful,these snakes could easily bite.

I've riden rt. 9, to 22, to 800 to the river (Fly, Ohio) several times, then south on 7 to Marietta to pickup 26 north back to 800 which makes a nice loop. very good roads in your area.

Tom

Hi Tom,

The 800,26 loop is definately a good one.26 is beautiful in the fall when the leafs are in color.I try to ride 26 and 78 from Glouster to Ringgold(or farther)every fall-they are both great for fall colors.800 is another fun ride,especially as it goes down the hill towards the Ohio river.If you want to try 536 you can get to it from 800,just go to Woodsfield and take 78 east for about 10 miles,536 turns off of 78.Come to think of it Woodsfield is the crossroads of some great riding-800,26 and 78.