Ohlins "Lite" Shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaNav

Reaction score
Ok, first the warning..... this shock does not yet exist for the FJR so this might just be a bad tease... apologies in advance...

I learned today that Ohlins just came out with a "Lite" shock that has an msrp of only $617. Nice price. Has rebound adjustment and preload adj capability, but no piggyback or remote reservoir. What I'm curious to know is whether this would be a good shock for our machines and style of riding (sometimes 2 up, sometimes loaded for travel, etc)? If definitely yes, then what to do to encourage production?

https://www.ohlinsusa.com/us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=191%3Aoehlins-qliteq-models&catid=1%3Alatest-news&Itemid=1

I doubt you are going to see that shock offered for the FJR. Ohlins currently offers a YA-036, which is the same as their full-feature YA-707 shock, except no remote preload adjuster. It's selling price now is in the $750 range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still, wouldn't it be nice to have a budget shock with good (not great) qualities and be rebuild-able?

Still, wouldn't it be nice to have a budget shock with good (not great) qualities and be rebuild-able?
If the price was competitive with a replacement OEM shock, YES. But I wouldn't want to give up the dual spring rate on the OEM shock. That's one exremely well-designed and useful feature for load variations.

If I was a strictly solo rider then a "Lite" versus the YA-036 would be a difficult choice.

If the price was competitive with a replacement OEM shock, YES. But I wouldn't want to give up the dual spring rate on the OEM shock. That's one exremely well-designed and useful feature for load variations.

If I was a strictly solo rider then a "Lite" versus the YA-036 would be a difficult choice.
HA, we could be real trend setters, install a car tire *AND* rigid suspension on the feejer! Think of all the money we'd save!

I'll let ya'll know how well my Sasquatch Suspension complete rebuild of the stock shock works

Jay, the owner, says it'll be right up there with a Penske...will have all new internals like an "expensive" shock for total $475

First ride should be in a couple of weeks

HA, we could be real trend setters, install a car tire *AND* rigid suspension on the feejer! Think of all the money we'd save!
I need to take up drinking, and more riding west. Then you and I can become truly trendsetting product developers.

Last edited by a moderator: