oil cooler ? 2016? 2017?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faster675

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
was at dealership looking at 2017 fjr. ... Does it have an oil cooler in the front fairing - in front of header? does 2016 have same cooler as 2017 (fjrcomparo.pdf does not appear to have this info)
20170407_184416.jpg

The oil cooler has been built into the engine in earlier models. I doubt it's been changed.

I think you are looking at the charcoal canister for removal of fuel vapors from the gas tank so they don't vent to the atmosphere. -California model, only. When running, air is drawn back through the canister into the intake to burn off the fuel captured by the canister.

The oil cooler is an oil/water heat exchanger, not oil/air, so there's no small radiator that you may be looking for. On this shot of my engine, removed for a shifting issue nearly three years ago, we're looking sown on an upside-down engine, front of engine is towasdrs the bottom of the picture. The oil cooler is that canister with water hoses going onto the sides. in your shot, you can see part of one of the water hoses behind the headers.

33077877364_c058f66470_o.jpg

was at dealership looking at 2017 fjr. ... Does it have an oil cooler in the front fairing - in front of header? does 2016 have same cooler as 2017 (fjrcomparo.pdf does not appear to have this info)
20170407_184416.jpg

That is the fuel vapor recycle devise. You were apparently looking at a California bike.

art miller posted: That is the fuel vapor recycle device. You were apparently looking at a California bike.
LBC = Long Beach, Callyfornya. (Come on! Haven't you guys ever heard

? Killer name for a motorcycle gang, by the way.)
And yes, there's an echo on many threads in this Forum.
coolsmiley02.gif

Last edited by a moderator: