ok, broke oil drain bolt loose

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New thread? Really?

The recommended procedure calls for a new crush washer. Many have re-used the existing washer or have used a flat copper washer without ill effects.

-BD

New thread? Really?
The recommended procedure calls for a new crush washer. Many have re-used the existing washer or have used a flat copper washer without ill effects.

-BD

Thanks, I wish the parts personal would have informed me when I bought the filter and oil about the washer....oh well.

Thanks, I wish the parts personal would have informed me when I bought the filter and oil about the washer....oh well.
Just go down to the nearest decent parts dealer and get a copper washer to fit the drain bolt. Re-usable again & again....in fact, get three, two for the rear drive unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to ride thirty miles just for a decent cup of coffee.....sounds like a worthy cause to me.

I've used the same crush washer for 44,000 miles and it still doesn't leak! And no, It's not because I only changed my engine oil one time!