Ok I'll start... anyone riding for the long weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'd like to join in if you don't mind a couple more bikes along. We are planning on the Official Covered Bridge Ride next month, but if that's what the group decides for tomorrow, we'll just do it twice!

And count us in for Woodmans, too!

Paul and Gina

No problem at all. It's a fun enough route and I'm sure that we'll have a few interesting "diversions" from Irene.

So just like the real ride in October, we'll plan on going KSU at 9AM. Get there earlier for breakfast.

Nose count for anyone that wants to meet us at Buger King in Manchester, I want to be sure we don't leave anyone behind. We would have to leave no later than 7:30, 7:15 would be preferable. It is just about an hour from Manchester to Fiddleheads.

Anyone traveling through Francestown be aware that they maximize the use of their cruisers and generate a disproportionate number of speeding tickets to police force size.

Heading to Barton VT for an event with the ST guys.... if you see a bunch of ST's and an FJR, that's us. Staying at the Pinecrest Motel and Cabins if anyone wants to drop by Friday or Saturday.

Carl & Grace will do Woodmans if it's on Sunday; I work Saturdays. We're gonna go Sunday anyways. Alan, do you have a route in mind? If we can't join the group we're always looking for new routes.

We'd like to join in if you don't mind a couple more bikes along. We are planning on the Official Covered Bridge Ride next month, but if that's what the group decides for tomorrow, we'll just do it twice!

And count us in for Woodmans, too!

Paul and Gina
Oh well you guy's... missed you again Gail& I will catch you next time John&Gail

Looks like I'm on my own for Monday, but I'm not sure the weather will cooperate anyway. Wherever and whenever you ride, stay safe everyone!! :)

If I can finish things up around here at a reasonable hour and get myself up to NH tonight, I'll meet up with you peeps for breakfast in Hanock.

I can't join in for any riding, the ride for me will be to breakfast and back.

Hope to see tomorrow AM.

Peter

Ok Sandi said 7:30 is that AM? But we are going to meet you at McD's.. Can you tell she is not somuch an early bird on Sat.

So See you at 7:15-7:30

Calling Dennis NH to see what he is up to.

Ok Sandi said 7:30 is that AM? But we are going to meet you at McD's.. Can you tell she is not somuch an early bird on Sat.

So See you at 7:15-7:30

Calling Dennis NH to see what he is up to.
Just got off the phone with MarFJR, ...

First thing is that I drove by that McDonald's off Exit 9 off I93 a week or so back and saw it was gone -- I think they're rebuilding it. So we should probably figure out a new place.

Anyway, after mulling over the thought of 7:30am meet (which translates to 6:00am wake time), I think I'm in but will be checking my schedule.

Dennis

Repeating post #18 in this thread.

.... I will lead an alternative route.If everyone is doing Fiddleheads 'N Bridges I will meet people in Manchester @ 7:15am and lead the ride to yummy Fiddleheads. Probably meet at Bugger King near Rt 93, exit 9S (Danial Webster Rt 3 and Crosbie St. --737 Hooksett Road, Manchester )

Someone say they will be there and we will be there, else, we will bee-line to Fiddleheads.

Wow, I 'm surprised at how unclear I was in defining a meeting place in Manchester, NH for a ride over to Hancock. Fred is correct in taking out my ambiguity in the meeting location to be the Buger KIng at Rt 93, exit 9S.

If anyone leaves Manchester later than 8:00 they will miss both breakfast and the start of the ride. You must leave Manchester, NH by 7:30 to have any breakfast, and that will be cutting it close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Alan,Fred I had to work late and had a BRILLIANT plan I'd get home fuel up and Gail and I would meet you all for breakfast then blast home for our previous commitment... Well

got home dropped the bike off the centerstand and my heart dropped, I knew that horrid feeling of an extra low drop with that wet marshmellow feel oh yes, rear tire flat as can be. After the marathon NERDS week we washed the bike and parked it,I must have been so so lucky to have picked up a screw right on my own street (NOT up in NERDS country)Plugged for now but new rubber in my very near future Have a GREAT ride everyone Next time JAG

OK, will be at BK off exit 9 at 7:15-7:30 I am planing on early.
I'm in myself. So I'll be going I93N and taking the exit 9S -- wifey tells me it's close to the exit. I think I remember seeing it. See you'all 7:15-7:30ish.

If we're doing breakfast, I won't eat much at home except maybe coffee.

Dennis

Hey!!

Thanks to all of the CB route testers today. Things went exceedingly well. I'm now confident that the 2011 Covered Bridges ride route will go off with nary a hitch!! Now all we need is some help from the weather and foliage gods.

The good news for those not in today's select test group, is that only one bridge was closed (apparently freshly by Irene <_< ) out of the 13 total planned bridges on the route. Some of the bridges that were inaccessible prior years are now open, and some of the roads are actually in better shape than they were a year ago.

We be ready!! :yahoo: