..OMG.. my tube is to long!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunch truck larry

Reaction score
Hi, boy's ,, just install G2 throttle tube but, can't reinstall bar end weight ,hits end of the tube . do I trim tube ,or grind off the little nipple on brake resevior (I'am sure I misspelled that), so, I can slide that over, to make more room? ohhh what to do??? Thank God,we have so many smart guy's to help us with these issue's... Larry (2007 :A: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like there's a difference between the one fo an "A" and an "AE". Maybe you got the wrong one (AE longer?) by mistake? I'd measure it and call the guy. He was real helpful when I called

Seems like there's a difference between the one fo an "A" and an "AE". Maybe you got the wrong one (AE longer?) by mistake? I'd measure it and call the guy. He was real helpful when I called
This.
If you can't easily replace the throttle tube with the correct unit I would use a tube cutter to cut the throttle tube to the required length. If you don't have a tube cutter you can buy an inexpensive one at Home Depot or if you have a friend that is a plumber they will surely have the required tool. A tube cutter will guarantee a nice straight cut. Trying to use a hacksaw will turn this into a hacket job. Make sure to remove any burrs after cutting and ensure the tube rotates freely on the handlebar before adding the grip. I like to use some emery cloth to clean the handlebar and do not use any lubricant since the insert of the throttle tube provides a friction free surface and anything you add will only attract dirt.

I guess,I could not stop thinking about those "nipples"... NO,,,not the big one's with the large washers around them, The little one's,,, like the one's that are holding my brake reservior, and ON/Off switch & Hazards, starter "thingy" from sliding over to make for my new tube. I checked my Dremel and sure enough the trusty ,"lil" drum sander was in place,(probably left in, from hand guard install), in short order, all little nipple's were lovingly massaged into oblivion. Now my new tube fits quite nicely. This was much faster, and I'm sure less painful than trimming my own tube. In the future if further enhancements are necessary all attachments are properly trimmed and ready to go. Larry

Last edited by a moderator: