On board communications

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I clicky'd the three threads. I am also looking for rider to passenger comm. Has anyone had any experience with Collett? MIFJR mentioned them, but had no first hand knowledge. For me, rider to passenger comm, and music input are all I'm really looking for. Their website talks a strong game. Can it be true? And inexpensive. They're in Canada. Maybe you could be their US distributor Jeff.collett clicky
I second the motion on the Collett. I've been using one for about 4 years with great service and performance albeit mono for the mp3 player. I'm considering upgrading to their new stereo model, but haven't yet taken the plunge. Great reliablity and no install on your helmet (new ones use velcro I believe) and you don't have cords attached to the bike when you dismount. The intercom is corded between rider and passenger with range between bike to bike transmitters averaging about 1 mile, YMMV, but beats hand signals! My .02 worth!

The Autocom Pro-7 Sport right now is only $209.99
I saw that on the autocom site, however it only comes with one headset. A second set for the passenger is another 90 bucks if I read it right.

I think I will check into the Collett system. I didn't notice if I was looking at mono or stereo. If I played music, I would want stereo. It looks like a no hassle setup though.

They seem to be out of them until first of the year. I think I'll wait and try it out. They have a three year warranty also, and a money back guarantee.

Thanks for the help you guys.

Ride safe.

The Autocom Pro-7 Sport right now is only $209.99
I saw that on the autocom site, however it only comes with one headset. A second set for the passenger is another 90 bucks if I read it right.

I think I will check into the Collett system. I didn't notice if I was looking at mono or stereo. If I played music, I would want stereo. It looks like a no hassle setup though.

They seem to be out of them until first of the year. I think I'll wait and try it out. They have a three year warranty also, and a money back guarantee.

Thanks for the help you guys.

Ride safe.
I paid $255.00 for the Pro 7 Sport, Kit 6, Rider-passenger, which includes 2 headsets.

As mentioned before, purchased from Kieth of fjrowners 918-446-2245 Tulsa, OK. Free shipping as well. ;)

Not just another Autocom dealer, Kieth is also a guru of all things motorcycle communications/audio and sounds like one heck of a nice guy on the phone. Sells many other items related to comm systems/audio at a discount. For me it was worth it to take advantage of his vast knowledge and not waste money and time trying to figure out what may/may not work.