One Accident - Two Totalled FJRs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While you're spending 30k on a couple bikes, spend another few hundred on an intercom system.

Glad you're both ok and you'll have a neat story for a long time.

Ouch, glad you both "survived"...but that hurts just reading about it... Suggestion. Bike to bike communication system... Uclear used here. Couple of good wireless options out there...

I completely agree that a bike to bike radio or intercom system is great to have on a long ride, and is a good safety measure to avoid confusion. I have really enjoyed being able to communicate with my riding partners everything from where to eat, or where to go, to commentng on things seen along the road.

While you're spending 30k on a couple bikes, spend another few hundred on an intercom system.Glad you're both ok and you'll have a neat story for a long time.
Agreed. My FIL and I have logged 1000s of miles together. We both agree a com system is needed
Ouch, glad you both "survived"...but that hurts just reading about it... Suggestion. Bike to bike communication system... Uclear used here. Couple of good wireless options out there...
Yes sir...agreed

Quite a story, glad you both came out of it to ride another day!--G
Yeah... Upset it happened but you have to have a positive attitude. We both were able to understand what happened and did not get pissed at each other. It was a freak accident

If we could have ridden home,we would have.

UPDATE: I rode my first bike Tonight exactly 1 month from my accident. I was mildly concerned. It did feel great to get out there.

Yeah...Progressive did right by me. I was pleased with their service.
I recently had a $2000 claim with Progressive after a trail riding accident (that's another story). They did handle it well and paid promptly.

Then when I got my bill for my annual renewal, the collision had gone up over $300. I understand rates go up after accidents, but ............
omg2.gif

Ran into my riding buddy's FJR last September on a RTE in Oregon, due to my inattention. Not as bad an outcome, and not a good way to make friends. Glad you're both OK. Part those FJRs out and get back on the road!

For what it's worth. I got an online quote from Geico this morning, and it was less than half of Progressive's new rate. I'll call them Monday to verify, but I guess I'm gone from Progressive. I appreciated how they handled my claim, but the new rate is just nuts.

For what it's worth. I got an online quote from Geico this morning, and it was less than half of Progressive's new rate. I'll call them Monday to verify, but I guess I'm gone from Progressive. I appreciated how they handled my claim, but the new rate is just nuts.
I did an online quote with GEICO the other day and got a crazy low quote - $99/yr Then I noticed that both collision or comprehensive were set to I Decline.

Changing either of those to other selections made the premium shoot up.

Ray

I did an online quote with GEICO the other day and got a crazy low quote - $99/yr Then I noticed that both collision or comprehensive were set to I Decline.

Changing either of those to other selections made the premium shoot up.

Ray
Well, that's weird. Collision and comp were defaulted to "I decline" on my ZRX, but the bike is 14 years old; I would have declined anyway. I also have a 2013 FJR, and it was defaulted to a $500 deductible on Collision and Comp. I called yesterday and took the policy.

Liability for both bikes with $50,000/$100,000 bodily injury and $25,000 property damage

Collision and comp on the FJR only with $500 deductible

The premium was $517.

The same coverage for the ZRX from Progressive was $1243.

Not to highjack to ins, but just shopped them all, Progressive was best- 250k/500k with 100k/300k under insured + comp and collision was $450. Many factors and each company has it's own. By the way, ALWAYS get the uninsured/underinsured added. It's cheap and can save you from losing everything.

Regarding the collision, glad to hear you both walked in the end, are willing to ride again, and will be back in the saddle. Up there its always better to hit the FIL than a buffalo, IMHO
sadsmiley.gif

Not to highjack to ins, but just shopped them all, Progressive was best- 250k/500k with 100k/300k under insured + comp and collision was $450. Many factors and each company has it's own. By the way, ALWAYS get the uninsured/underinsured added. It's cheap and can save you from losing everything.
+1 on the need for uninsured/underinsured, but its not that cheap where I live....actually costs me more than 250/500/100 liability.