one more quick question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerdog

Reaction score
Need a cruise control for my AE. Cant afford the expensive job.

The Kaoko looks like it will fit, but before i order it wanted to run it by you guys.

(sorry, i tried searching this topic but "ae" is not enough letters for the search and also I'm a bit thick, i couldn't find jack squat)

Also…… (while I'm at it) My right side heated grip doesn't work anymore, but my left side one does. I keep it turned off because now it seems to be in overdrive with the other one broke, how much am i looking at to fix that? Is there an easy solution or do i have to buy new controller and everything?

Again, thanks for any help guys I'm the only person i know with an fjr, and none of my friends have heated grips either. Of course my local mechanic told me he could fix it, but just off the top of his head he said it would be around 200. Im like, how can you say that when you don't know whats wrong with it??

Huh, never seen one of those. I don't know, I think something as important as a trhottle lock would be something you shouldn't cheap out on with a cheap plastic imitation. I wouldn't....

Ionbeam or somebody had a long disertation on heated grip failures and where to look. Have you searched for it via Google?

Google

Last edited by a moderator:
ah, just saw the throttlemeister that one looks way nicer. Wasn't trying to be THAT cheap, i just meant i couldn't afford the expensive cruise control by audiovox

I have a Kaoko on my 07 with the OEM heated grips. No problems with it fitting and it holds the throttle just fine in the garage. Haven't had the chance to road test it as I installed the heated grips and the Kaoko throttle lock while I was doing my winter service and haven't had the bike out since. My bike is a standard shift model but I'm not aware of any differences between the standard and the AE model as far as the throttle assembly is concerned.

I've had both the Throttle Meister and the Kaoko on other bikes and while the Throttle Meister looks nicer I find the Kaoko easier to use and less fussy to install.

Can't help you with the inop heated grip but I'm sure some one will be along shortly with more help.