one-piece suit (for a fat guy)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonG

Reaction score
As a fat guy, I'm constantly fighting my clothes. Pants fall down if they are large enough in the waist, and jackets constantly ride up. A zip-together 2-piece riding suit might work; but I think it will add a lot of bulk to my mid-section (and I don't need anymore). So I'm thinking a 1-piece suit might be better, if I can find one that will fit. I'm thinking about trying either the Fieldsheer Cyclone or Olympia Phantom.

Any of you fat guys using a 1-piece suit, and like it?

As a fat guy, I'm constantly fighting my clothes. Pants fall down if they are large enough in the waist, and jackets constantly ride up. A zip-together 2-piece riding suit might work; but I think it will add a lot of bulk to my mid-section (and I don't need anymore). So I'm thinking a 1-piece suit might be better, if I can find one that will fit. I'm thinking about trying either the Fieldsheer Cyclone or Olympia Phantom.
Any of you fat guys using a 1-piece suit, and like it?
Just remember, guys are cruel. If you ask "Does this one-piece make me look fat?" you KNOW what the answer will be!

Stay away from spandex...... :yahoo:

I can handle the ridicule...I know I'm a fatass.

And it doesn't matter what I wear, I always look fat...lol.

I'm sure if I can find a 1-piece suit that fits, I will look quite hilarious.

But I would rather have some protection, and be as comfortable as possible.

I can handle the ridicule...I know I'm a fatass.And it doesn't matter what I wear, I always look fat...lol.

I'm sure if I can find a 1-piece suit that fits, I will look quite hilarious.

But I would rather have some protection, and be as comfortable as possible.

I hope you don't think I'm trying to get down on you...I'm no skinny MeLink myself--5'10" 213lbs and, according to BMI (which is basically crap) I should be no more than 165!

You'd think with all the guys with REAL money to buy expensive bikes being older, the bike clothing companies would make stuff our size.

Years (and many pounds) ago, when North Face was still a boutique brand of outdoor gear, THEIR definition of "Large" was 6' tall with a 34" waist. "XL" was 6'5" with a 36" waist!

And plus size women think they have it bad!

Try the Cyclone. In my 20's I was into body building and power lifting. I was looking good at that age but in my 50's my chest is still 48" and my waist is 37", no lifting anymore as the joints are shot . The cyclone is the only one that would fit well or the 'Stitch can be special ordered to fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the same boat as you, Again. ( Remember the suspension thread?)

I would love to have a one piece suit, And had cash in hand for a cycleport suit (WFO-6) which costs a pretty penny to start with, And the guy wanted additional $400 to custom size me. I quickly put my cash away... <_<

I wear a 4x First Gear jacket, And it fits well. I wish they made pants that were proportional to the size of the jackets... <_<

With a 60" chest and a 50:waist, 6'1" with 30" inseam is an impossible fit for anything Olympia makes, So i am damned again.

I would love to hear about different options you come up with.

BTW,

(insert Roy D. mercer voice here)

How big a boy are ya?

:D

An additional $400.....holy moly :eek:mg2:

I wear a Fieldsheer 4X jacket, and it fits great. I emailed Fieldsheer, and they made the Cyclone in 4X; but I can't find one anywhere, and they have been no help in finding me one. I think my next move is to try the Olympia 1-piece in a 4X. If that won't work; I guess I'm stuck with using jacket and pants. What kind of pants do you wear?

I'm 6', 56" chest and 58" waist, roughly.

What kind of pants do you wear?
I'm 6', 56" chest and 58" waist, roughly.
I wear Levis... :(

I think you and me are equally sized then... I say we ride up to Minnesota and have a Stitch made. If they refuse, We kick their asses! ;)

6'1" 325 (and that's after my latest diet :angry: ). 56-58 chest and 50-52 waist with 31 inseam (I can live with 32), depending on the manufacturer. I wear a 4x Olympia 3 season and a FirstGear mesh jacket. Like you guys I've found nothing good for pants. I wear the diamond gusset kevlar jeans which are very comfortable but the protection isn't great (figures my brake pedal missed the Kevlar as it poked a hole in my shin for example). I've resigned myself to either a lap band ($$$$ but it is what my doc is pushing) with next years' tax return (and replace ALL my gear)-- or spring for a custom suit (one piece sounds better to me too for my gut) from the manufacturers already mentioned. I'm just figuring on $1500 after all the adjustments, bells and whistles. Less will be a nice surprise and I'll use it for other farkles.

I'm running into the problem of finding off-road boots in EEE width and will fit my calf. A former MX Racer looked at my feet and told me I was dreaming. Still looking. <<SIGH>> I'm seeing a podiatrist in August to see if I can get rid of a bunion -- even the EEE's are hurting now.

ya find anything let us know, and I'll do the same.

I wear a size 46 jean. I haven't found any riding pants that fit; but I haven't tried many on. I started this goose hunt with the intention of finding some riding pants; but then decided that a one-piece may be the way to go.

The Olympia Stealth is a mesh one-piece, that will hopefully fit around my gut. I'm sure Stich will make one; but I believe a Stitch will be too hot for Oklahoma summers. I'll be tickled to death if the Stealth will fit because then I could wear the Phantom in winter. I'm not getting my hopes up tho'. I have emailed Olympia and asked about the fitment of their 2 suits; I will let you guys know what they reply.

While I am not quite as big as you other fellas, I do find that properly sized riding pants want to droop down on me.

While they are not cool or chic, a pair of red, heavy duty suspenders does the trick for me. YMMV

I have an older Highland fieldsheer suit I used to wear and it fit very well at 5x

I am 6'3 300 with 44" waist.

If I recall, there was room in there for more belly.

Olympia (the owner) replied, and stated that he doesn't think the 4X 1-piece suits will fit.

Damn.

Somebody else from Fieldsheer replied, and stated that the biggest Cyclone they made/make is a 3X.

Damn.

The owner of Olympia was prompt, helpful, and courteous. I asked him about a custom build; but he won't do it because he has to order 300 of anything at a time. He actually recommended Aerostich. At this point, I think I will order a 4X Phantom; and if it doesn't fit, I should just work my fat ass off so that by winter it fits. I'm planning a trip to California this winter; and I want to be in a 1-piece suit by then...

Somebody mentioned pants. I got the First Gear TPG pants and they fit. My jeans are 46w x 34l. The TPG pants are a little short (liturature says 32") I would guess them to be 33" inseam. This seems OK with boots. Only real annoyance is that the knee pads must be moved.

However, the Fieldsheer suits (both the Highland and Cyclone) are hot, hot hot!!! Not for summer use at all.
Amen on that one Fred.

I have a Cyclone.

I bought the 3xl. I have a 32 inch inseam and it barely fits my torso. There is plenty of belly room but I am only 260.

I think in the end exercising will be the best course of action. Then you can fit into both the Olympia suits.

Edit - I started a board for some friends of mine and myself to support each other with our weight loss. Any of you fat guys that are interested in joining our board and losing weight send me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a 2 piece! I had one made at SYED. You have the option of just the jacket then. You won't notice the zipper seam when wearing the pants! When I used to race, I had a 1 piece. SYED did a couple of them for me. They do great work and stand behind it!