one-piece suit (for a fat guy)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However, the Fieldsheer suits (both the Highland and Cyclone) are hot, hot hot!!! Not for summer use at all.
Amen on that one Fred.

I have a Cyclone.

I bought the 3xl. I have a 32 inch inseam and it barely fits my torso. There is plenty of belly room but I am only 260.

I think in the end exercising will be the best course of action. Then you can fit into both the Olympia suits.

Edit - I started a board for some friends of mine and myself to support each other with our weight loss. Any of you fat guys that are interested in joining our board and losing weight send me a PM.
Shit! 45 years of fighting weight and all I ever had to do was PM you and get some support? How stupid could I have been not to try that!?

I know you meant well, but it isn't what this thread is about and I always find unsolicited "help" just a bit self-serving and insulting. I know, I know, I'm a bad guy for getting ticked after 30,000 people "just trying to help", but tough. I had a hard day and didn't need it. Start a new thread and anybody that wants it will do it... RANT OVER.

6'1" 325 (and that's after my latest diet :angry: ). 56-58 chest and 50-52 waist with 31 inseam (I can live with 32), depending on the manufacturer. I wear a 4x Olympia 3 season and a FirstGear mesh jacket. Like you guys I've found nothing good for pants. I wear the diamond gusset kevlar jeans which are very comfortable but the protection isn't great (figures my brake pedal missed the Kevlar as it poked a hole in my shin for example). I've resigned myself to either a lap band ($$$$ but it is what my doc is pushing) with next years' tax return (and replace ALL my gear)-- or spring for a custom suit (one piece sounds better to me too for my gut) from the manufacturers already mentioned. I'm just figuring on $1500 after all the adjustments, bells and whistles. Less will be a nice surprise and I'll use it for other farkles.
I'm running into the problem of finding off-road boots in EEE width and will fit my calf. A former MX Racer looked at my feet and told me I was dreaming. Still looking. <<SIGH>> I'm seeing a podiatrist in August to see if I can get rid of a bunion -- even the EEE's are hurting now.

ya find anything let us know, and I'll do the same.
Vanson used to be willing to custom make just about anything you wanted. They're in Fall River, MA. They made the stuff in their factory there. The girls who would do the measurements were quite professional, and a plus size kinda guy would end up shelling out about $1500 for an excellent set of their leathers. I know they've moved some manufacturing offshore, and the last time I was there, I got the feeling that they were winding things down (about a year ago). If you order a custom suit through the mail, they send you a detailed measurement sheet with about 30+ measurements and full instructions on how to make them.

Sidi makes great boots with adjustable calves and adjustment across the width too. They're the only boot that I find comfortable and protective with my EEE feet and large calf. The newest model (vortice I think its called) retails for around $475, but it has a user replaceable sole, so it may be a lifetime purchase. When my vertigo corsa air and vertigo megas bite the dust, I'll be looking to Sidi for the next boot.

However, the Fieldsheer suits (both the Highland and Cyclone) are hot, hot hot!!! Not for summer use at all.
Amen on that one Fred.

I have a Cyclone.

I bought the 3xl. I have a 32 inch inseam and it barely fits my torso. There is plenty of belly room but I am only 260.

I think in the end exercising will be the best course of action. Then you can fit into both the Olympia suits.

Edit - I started a board for some friends of mine and myself to support each other with our weight loss. Any of you fat guys that are interested in joining our board and losing weight send me a PM.
Shit! 45 years of fighting weight and all I ever had to do was PM you and get some support? How stupid could I have been not to try that!?

I know you meant well, but it isn't what this thread is about and I always find unsolicited "help" just a bit self-serving and insulting. I know, I know, I'm a bad guy for getting ticked after 30,000 people "just trying to help", but tough. I had a hard day and didn't need it. Start a new thread and anybody that wants it will do it... RANT OVER.
Lighten up Francis!

Amen on that one Fred.

I have a Cyclone.

Lighten up Francis!
I understand the frustration with people offering to help, But i think Johnny didn't mean anything bad by it.

6'1" 325 (and that's after my latest diet :angry: ). 56-58 chest and 50-52 waist with 31 inseam (I can live with 32), depending on the manufacturer. I wear a 4x Olympia 3 season and a FirstGear mesh jacket. Like you guys I've found nothing good for pants. I wear the diamond gusset kevlar jeans which are very comfortable but the protection isn't great (figures my brake pedal missed the Kevlar as it poked a hole in my shin for example). I've resigned myself to either a lap band ($$$$ but it is what my doc is pushing) with next years' tax return (and replace ALL my gear)-- or spring for a custom suit (one piece sounds better to me too for my gut) from the manufacturers already mentioned. I'm just figuring on $1500 after all the adjustments, bells and whistles. Less will be a nice surprise and I'll use it for other farkles.
I'm running into the problem of finding off-road boots in EEE width and will fit my calf. A former MX Racer looked at my feet and told me I was dreaming. Still looking. <<SIGH>> I'm seeing a podiatrist in August to see if I can get rid of a bunion -- even the EEE's are hurting now.

ya find anything let us know, and I'll do the same.
Vanson used to be willing to custom make just about anything you wanted. They're in Fall River, MA. They made the stuff in their factory there. The girls who would do the measurements were quite professional, and a plus size kinda guy would end up shelling out about $1500 for an excellent set of their leathers. I know they've moved some manufacturing offshore, and the last time I was there, I got the feeling that they were winding things down (about a year ago). If you order a custom suit through the mail, they send you a detailed measurement sheet with about 30+ measurements and full instructions on how to make them.

Sidi makes great boots with adjustable calves and adjustment across the width too. They're the only boot that I find comfortable and protective with my EEE feet and large calf. The newest model (vortice I think its called) retails for around $475, but it has a user replaceable sole, so it may be a lifetime purchase. When my vertigo corsa air and vertigo megas bite the dust, I'll be looking to Sidi for the next boot.

Thanks Bull, I really appreciate the tips. Bates will do the same I think. My brother lives in Boston so I might have him check it for me. I was thinking textile for comfort and durability in the wet/dry cycles of regular use. The boots are a great tip and I'll look around to see if I can try on a pair somewhere.

Amen on that one Fred.

I have a Cyclone.

Lighten up Francis!
I'll smile if you acknowledge my point. ;)

I know you meant well, but...

I understand the frustration with people offering to help, But i think Johnny didn't mean anything bad by it.
I think I acknowledged that. The point was not directed at the person, but the condescension, not intended by Johnny, that you and I and others experience constantly. On a better day I may have dulled my tongue and tried to edumicate with some humor. Hijack over. Thanks again for the help Bull.

EDIT: I weighed myself today. Lost another 2 pounds. 39 pounds in 3 months with no support (for once) but with a medication to change the underlying biochemistry issue. Medicine makes me a little edgy sometimes though.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think I acknowledged that. The point was not directed at the person, but the condescension, not intended by Johnny, that you and I and others experience constantly. On a better day I may have dulled my tongue and tried to edumicate with some humor. Hijack over. Thanks again for the help Bull.

EDIT: I weighed myself today. Lost another 2 pounds. 39 pounds in 3 months with no support (for once) but with a medication to change the underlying biochemistry issue. Medicine makes me a little edgy sometimes though.
insomia Shiny ???

me too

<sigh>

insomia Shiny ???

me too

<sigh>
3 hours last night and looks like 4 tonight maybe. Being on-call and on this med. has it's drawbacks. Sorry bro. :(

Maybe a ride in a new one-piece that fits would help? -- just to bring it back into the thread... ;)

FWIW I spent a ton of cash on gear trying stuff that fits..I finally went to a BMW dealer and I spoke of my troubles. He suggested we try on some BMW gear. he spent nearly 1.5 hours w/ me.. I tried on all sizes and types. I settled on a BMW Santaigo suit. Man pants fit perfect..not too baggy, not too tight...and the jacket it the same way.

As long as I dont lose or gain weight I'll be fine. Yes it was pricy, but I dont forsee buying any more "core" gear for many moons.

If I special order something, it will be Cycleport kevlar.

I am in the same boat as you, Again. ( Remember the suspension thread?)
I would love to have a one piece suit, And had cash in hand for a cycleport suit (WFO-6) which costs a pretty penny to start with, And the guy wanted additional $400 to custom size me. I quickly put my cash away... <_<
Have you called Wayne to ask him, lately? 400 sounds really high. I rode to his shop, he measured me, he built one to fit me (upper and lower) and I even returned it for additional fitment at no cost to me. Ok, I lie, I paid shipping. Things may have changed since WFO. Seems like it would be worth a try to place a call to Wayno.

I would love to have a one piece suit, And had cash in hand for a cycleport suit (WFO-6) which costs a pretty penny to start with, And the guy wanted additional $400 to custom size me. I quickly put my cash away... <_<
Have you called Wayne to ask him, lately? 400 sounds really high. I rode to his shop, he measured me, he built one to fit me (upper and lower) and I even returned it for additional fitment at no cost to me. Ok, I lie, I paid shipping. Things may have changed since WFO. Seems like it would be worth a try to place a call to Wayno.
I'll tell ya what carver... You call him and ask about it. If he extends that offer, I will call him. I was somewhat insulted by the $400 comment.

I called CyclePort and talk with them. They have a custom charge for gear but it depends on what they have to do fit you. It is not a blanket $400 charge. The max custom charge on a jacket is $250 and on pants is $150. It is just like a tailor when you buy suit, they charge you for what they have to alter. I found out they are just a few miles away in San Marcos. I have been interested in their gear so i am going to start saving up. I would definitely call them if you are interested in their gear.

Good luck with whatever you choose Yukon. Shiny I don't know what to say to you. I am truly sorry if you were offended. Good luck dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might give the guys at Aerostitch a call just for grins. Their stuff is pricy but good. We ran into the sizing end of their business when we went to get my wife a 'Stitch. Unfortunately, they have a multitude of standard options to fit porky guys full framed men (big waist, skinny chest) but nothing to fit somebody that's shaped the other way around :p . So she ended up with something else. But I have seen some fairly huge guys in 'Stitches and I think they can build pretty much anything

You might give the guys at Aerostitch a call just for grins. Their stuff is pricy but good. We ran into the sizing end of their business when we went to get my wife a 'Stitch. Unfortunately, they have a multitude of standard options to fit porky guys full framed men (big waist, skinny chest) but nothing to fit somebody that's shaped the other way around :p . So she ended up with something else. But I have seen some fairly huge guys in 'Stitches and I think they can build pretty much anything
This thread has just become worthless without pics.

I'll tell ya what carver... You call him and ask about it. If he extends that offer, I will call him. I was somewhat insulted by the $400 comment.
Ahhh, I don't think he meant anything by that comment Blue... ;) :D :lol: