Online Tire Prices

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Daly

YES I ran the fatty over!!
Reaction score
Hey I dont want to sound like an advert but I have been trying to find some replacement tires and looking at tire prices I thought I would share the pricing info I have found so far. All of the best overall prices I found to date for tire pairs are based on stock size for the FJR and all can be found at the same place, Oneida Suzuki. I have never purchased anything from them, any reason why i shouldn't?? Sipping for a pair runs about 30 dollars. Buy the way it should be noted that the pics they show are not always the current model (based on what is on manufacturer websites), but given that they are sellin sets for less than I paid for just the rear D208 from a local dealer (before mounting), I would say they are pretty good prices. Please if anyone sees/knows of better prices it might be cool to build a little database of best pricing pricing

By the way, i dont mean to start another tire thread but... I am really leaning to the diablo strada's. Among people who have worn many sets these seem to be a favorite for performance riding. My current set D208's have ~2600 miles and the indicators are starting to wear; though i never touch hard parts I guess I am a reasonably hard rider and stick mainly to the twisties. PS Making a table on this site was tough; any pointers appreciated

model:_____________front______rear_____pair

Perelli Diablo Strada__88.99____118.99____207.98

Michelin PowerPilot__-----only in pairs------_229.99

Michelin Raod Pilot___94.99_____118.99___213.98

Bridgestone BT-020__87.99_____122.99___210.98

Dunlop D208________89.99_____114.99___204.98

Dunlop D220________89.99_____117.99___207.98

Onida online

Last edited by a moderator:
Tables are about impossible with the forum......but we really appreciate it when you link to whatever website you're referring to.

I've had a ME-Z6 and a Diablo Strada on my FJR, both have identical tread patterns right down to the tread bare center. I've had no problem telling when they are worn -- as soon as the cords show they are done :eek: Most tires that I've had start to look like they are finished but manage to go another couple of thousand miles. Not so with the Z6 and Strada. There are wear bars and you will know to start looking for them when the bare center rib starts to stand out and the tips of the tread in the center are showing signs of wear. This is your clue to start watching the tires because they go pretty quickly from there. Spring '06 I had to park my bike because I misjudged how fast that last bit of the Z6 would wear. Last Friday I changed my Stradas with the cords just beginning to show. On Monday of last week it was apparent that the tires must be changed but how quickly they went away was a surprise.

Other places to look:

Tire Express

&

SW Moto

I think you'd be happy with the Pilot Roads or Storms... The FJR is kinda heavy and will eat up the 208's as you've experienced as well as the other softer compounds. I've not found that they are "that" much stickier. Maybe if all I was doing was track days I'd use them.

Had to put a 208 on the ZX11 once (cause I needed a tire and that's all that was available in my time frame) and I wore it out in about 2k miles. When I was used to getting around 8k, it wasn't 4x sticker ;)

I think you'd be happy with the Pilot Roads or Storms... The FJR is kinda heavy and will eat up the 208's as you've experienced as well as the other softer compounds. I've not found that they are "that" much stickier. Maybe if all I was doing was track days I'd use them.
Had to put a 208 on the ZX11 once (cause I needed a tire and that's all that was available in my time frame) and I wore it out in about 2k miles. When I was used to getting around 8k, it wasn't 4x sticker ;)
Renegade, Here in WV there is really no such thing as a straight road (ok that is a bit of an overstatement but not much). So i do get the 208's up to temp (for a Z rated tire) and i really like the way the rear "sets" in to a corner. I do wish that for better mileage, if not for anything else than i dont like to have to take the time to change tires. So I am hoping to find a happy medium between strong performance in the twisties and longevity. It is DEFINATELY worth it to me to pay twice as much for a tire that is high performance and lasts than a cheap tire that grips and wears or a cheap tire that last but doesnt grip. God I am a bitch! :dwarf: So the question is, while the 208s werent 4x sticker were they worth it in terms of the stickyness?

Renegade, Here in WV there is really no such thing as a straight road (ok that is a bit of an overstatement but not much). So i do get the 208's up to temp (for a Z rated tire) and i really like the way the rear "sets" in to a corner. I do wish that for better mileage, if not for anything else than i dont like to have to take the time to change tires. So I am hoping to find a happy medium between strong performance in the twisties and longevity. It is DEFINATELY worth it to me to pay twice as much for a tire that is high performance and lasts than a cheap tire that grips and wears or a cheap tire that last but doesnt grip. God I am a bitch! :dwarf: So the question is, while the 208s werent 4x sticker were they worth it in terms of the stickyness?

I would agree with 2x the price (really mileage since the prices aren't all that different), but I dunno about 4x... :)

I would *think* you'd find a happy medium with either the Storms or Pilot Roads. But then again I'm not you. :D

I'd have to say nay on the Pilot Roads if you are going to "push" the bike. I had some and "pushed" the bike...

right off a mountain. :blink:

I did some of the same roads this weekend with Strada's. Much better!

I am really leaning to the diablo strada's.
I don't like the Stradas for the rear tire as they have no grooves across the middle of the tread, making a determination when the tire is about done a real PITA for me. YMMV
Aren't they about done when the cords show through?
I dont really worry about that. I always check my tires for damage and wear after most every ride. I also dont seen the need to run tires to the edge, I dont like to be in a position where I great ride opportunity comes up and i dont have the tires to go.

Best price I could find on the rear Strada was here clicky 125.99 shipped to me then I got on DennisKirk and got it for a buck less than that cus of their beat it by a buck policy. so 124.99 to my door was the best I have found.

Best price I could find on the rear Strada was here clicky 125.99 shipped to me then I got on DennisKirk and got it for a buck less than that cus of their beat it by a buck policy. so 124.99 to my door was the best I have found.
Ok when I tried to actually place the order there was a problem. The customer service at DennisKirk found a little disclaimer at Motorcycle-superstore. They say tires are oversize and then charge and extra 5 bucks for oversize free shipping. So the total was 129.99 from DennisKirk. But I am relentless is my shopping so I looked more and found clicky

for 127.01 shipped to me. They also have the best price I found on the E if thats what you want at 122.10. It is possible to go back to DennisKirk and get it for 126.01 but I just bought it at the buck more.