Only in Seattle...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenchi

Reaction score
Obviously economic cutbacks have led to some people changing their ways.

IMAG0050_sm.jpg

Maybe this and this will explain why I never thought I'd see it.

A small part of me died that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple explanation:

The replacement part is on back order.

The "trusted" body shop is booked.

A little "Hundred Mile Per Hour Tape" is better than having the cracked/torn piece blowing off going down the highway before the repairs can be done.

If it were mine, I'd do the same repair and keep driving it until it went to the shop.

Maybe they are from Alabama. LOL :lol:

Did you check the plates?

We call that Alabama chrome down here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Simple explanation:
The replacement part is on back order.

The "trusted" body shop is booked.

A little "Hundred Mile Per Hour Tape" is better than having the cracked/torn piece blowing off going down the highway before the repairs can be done.

If it were mine, I'd do the same repair and keep driving it until it went to the shop.
Oh dude, you have no idea how I wish that was true.

I actually did hang around long enough to talk to the driver. Peroxide blonde, 30-40'ish... when she hopped in I said, "Damn, I wish I was driving that car now... then I'd have the girl AND the car" and we had a bit of a laugh. No, that was not a part on backorder fix... unfortunately. It was a, "I haven't gotten around to even looking at it, and this will do until I have to put some more tape on" fix.

But I never did think of it that way. As a side note, her comment was, "The DB9 is a terrible car to do your shopping in... completely unpractical." We offered to trade it for an Acura RSX, which unfortunately she declined :( .

@ponyfool: I never said she was GREAT looking. Too old for me... but seriously? A woman driving a DB9?? Doesn't that just scream, "Was his, now mine... all mine..."?

@ponyfool: I never said she was GREAT looking. Too old for me... but seriously? A woman driving a DB9?? Doesn't that just scream, "Was his, now mine... all mine..."?
I can't imagine how a 30-40 year old could be to old. At 60 that is sounding pretty good. :rolleyes:

It looks fantastic! Durable and replaceable. Nice work, too. See how they followed the body lines. Good stuff!

When you can afford a DB9 there is no parts backorder pull in with the banger...drive out with a new one!

Oh well it was dirty anyway LOL