Operation Smoothness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had my 07' since last August. It runs pretty smooth, but the clutch/throttle is a little jerky, but I discovered something on a ride over Sonora Pass a few days ago. If I kept the power range between 5 and 6k in second and third, the throttle smoothed out and the power was delivered more evenly. My question is, is this going to cause me problems riding like this? Also, shifting from first to second sounds like shaking a bag of rocks. Also, a problem?

I don't think what you are experiencing will be solved in this thread. The throttle issues I addressed were where you go from closed throttle on deceleration to open throttle and get the abrupt response. The second issue was the herky jerky motion of the clutch engaging from a stopped position.

As your issues sound like neither of these, I'd suggest starting a new thread to get maximum exposure and assistance from the folks on this forum. The bag of rocks doesn't sound good to me specifically and might warrant some immediate action. Throw up a thread and folks who know will be happy to help.

Hello, Great work! For prospective buyers of 06 and 07. The quick throttle is an easy fix. I got a juice box pro for 195 dollars and installed it in 15 to 20 minutes ...and I am not known for being handy. Different bike, smooth as silk. Compared to the 1000 or more you would pay for an 08, it seems like a good deal.