Opinions? Please

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peedab21

Reaction score
Need pics and ideas. Hard mounted my Chatterbox today on the left handlebar and moved my heated glove controller to the steering nut. Need ideas or pics on how to mount cell phone on right handlebar. Did a search on here not much luck. Any help always appreciated.

P

Try a Ram mount. They have a few styles. They also make a waterproof box with a clear cover that I use for my PDA cell phone.

-BD

I use industrial Velcro. The "furry" (loop) side of the velcro is on the back of my phone. The "grabby" (hook) part is on my Techmounts.

HOWEVER, I had really good results sanding the tops of the master cylinders flat.... eliminating all the lettering, then painting them textured black. Not only does this make the master cylinder caps better looking, but it creates two new mounting surfaces for farkles if Velcro is used.

Sanding the caps is a simple matter of using a piece of plate glass (or other completely flat surface) with a sheet of sandpaper placed upright on it. Push the plates across the sandpaper until the letters disappear and the cap is completely flat across the top. It helps if you push the cap from a different side every stroke.

HOWEVER, I had really good results sanding the tops of the master cylinders flat.... eliminating all the lettering, then painting them textured black. Not only does this make the master cylinder caps better looking, but it creates two new mounting surfaces for farkles if Velcro is used..
Now thats my kinda thinking, cause doodads aint cheap. I made my chatterbox mount out of the factory grip thermostat mounting plate.