order number for bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirttracker30

Reaction score
Does Yamaha ever give you a number of where you are on the order list for your 06 FJR? I have the order ver.papers,but I was wondering if they tell a guy such things ,or keep you in suspense. Oh I paid up last week,you can read about it on the new member thread

Blue sky,green lights,tits,and wheels!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No there is no list. If you are like everyone else you will just need to wait. You should get a confurmation from Yamaha and a thank you letter. But there is no list per se. Bikes are delivered in order but what order is anyones guess. Supposedly first in first out. Good luck with your wait. It is good for you! :)

Check with your dealer and he will give you the PDP number and the date and time that Yamaha received it. For example, my number is 195582, dated 9/28/05, at 2:42pm.

I'm 195557 9/28/05 01:53:58

Model is FJR13AVL ...any idea what the "VL" is for?

But remember, just because your early in your order doesn't mean you will be early in your delivery. There was a few that recieved their bikes ealier than me this spring that ordered theirs later than me. But that has to do with delivery to stores and Yamaha having some order to shipping to stores. It wouldn't be drastically later but they have to have some order to the way they deliver to stores. But my bike wasn't that much later. I'm sure some stores that are bigger may get some more preference than others and such. Bottom line is your just going to have to wait. That's the name of the game with this PDP.

Devanator

And the '06 electronic clutch model is designated the FJR13AEVS as in VERY SWEET!!

BTW, my Priority Delivery Claim number is 196188 created on 10/7. Looks like the PDP is off to a good start. Wonder if D&H will get a truck load of them right off the bat all to themselves?

Word is that I was number 8 to order, but who knows when the check got there and when Yammy will decide to deliver. Ahhh... anticipation.

Ok, start the flames... :beee:

THIS JUST IN FROM D & H:

order #: 196055 on 10/03.

d&h stock #: 10

did any other d&h orderers get a stock #?

dana

Yes, my "receipt" shows stock number 100 from D&H. I get the feeling it's just a number they are plugging in.

And BTW, that was #8 at D&H for an FJR. Looks like there are hundreds in the PDP ahead of me.

Order #196155 on 10/06/2005

Ordered it here in Houston for Houston Motorsports North. Hopefully I will see the bike around March, but in the meantime I will do my best to ride the tires off my FZ6.

"I'm 195557 9/28/05 01:53:58

Model is FJR13AVL ...any idea what the "VL" is for? "

The "V" designates model year '06 and the "L" is Yamaha's code for blue.

Tony

Claim#195488 (FJR13AVL) ordered from Motorsports International, Auburn, MA. Great dealership. Call and ask for Eric Gonyea in Sales...Tell him Bill sent ya!

CLAIM#196505 DATE 10/27/05 FJR13AVCL :beee:

awwww man! I wanna play too!!

but my form is at home. great - more waiting.

Order # HAHAHAHA...

If you've checked threads from previous years, etc...you will understand that inevitably the person who needs or wants the bike the most will receive it last...

the person that that doesn't need it all (say a dealer for example who ordered under false pretenses) will end up with the bike first - before any of yous guys.

It is unfair and is a process that generates alot of ill-will toward Yamaha when people discover that they received their bike MONTHS after a slimy dealer did.

Atleast, the bikes are promised for spring (ha-ha) delivery and not July/August (read: September/October).

The honestly good thing about PDP is that it enabled us 'mericans to get a world class sports tourer that previously was only available in europe. Other than that - it sucks big time.

Of course, I knew nothing of this PDP until I started viewing the FJR websites in JAN '04. Which was after I purchased an '04 FJR on October 4, 2004 - the SAME DAY that I walked into a Chicago area dealer and asked about it.

Have fun waiting y'all. And make sure you keep track of that order number ;) ;) :haha:

...And in case this post sounds mean-spirited,

congrats on YOUR decision to purchase a truly world class bike.

...shiny side up!

Uh, yea Wheaton...maybe a little. :huh:

Actually I was wondering how many bikes sold by claim numbers. Is there a claim# 000001? Sorry, but this simple Rockfordian is just to new. As far as waiting...hey, I have waited 39 years for this bike. A little longer won't kill me.

Dealer: D&H Cycle

Claim# 196478, Created on 10/25/2005, FJR13AVL, Color: RED (just checking to see if anyone's paying attention...its blue!)

Does anyone know what Country/City these bikes are built?

"...we're burning daylight, lets ride!"