Oregon RTE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRay

Reaction score
Right here in the middle of Oregon is probably the best Reuben Sandwich on the planet. A friend of mine owns this little resturant and everything is cooked fresh in house and he does serve beer. If you don't like reuben's the rest of the menu is outstanding also.

phonestuff024.jpg

I am sponsering a RTE September 15th at the Harvest Depot resturant in LaPine Oregon From 11 am to 2 pm. I'll get the address but LaPine is only six blocks long so it's easy to find. I will buy lunch for the first five people and for whoever rides the most distance. There are motels if you want to stay over and I have room for a few. Also have a big shop if you want to do some wrenching.

With the central location we are close to some of the best roads in the west.

Feel free to post this in other places so we can gather a crowd and have some fun.

I have blocked rooms for the 14th and 15th at the local Best Western. They are going to give us their best rate and there are 15 rooms for each night. It looks like we are going to have a good turn out so don't wait to long

Hotel info.

Best Western

Newberry Station

16515 Reed Road & HWY 97

Lapine, Or. 97739

541-536-5130 800-210-8616

The food place is the Harvest Depot and it is on Hwy 97 next to the NAPA store.

If we use up the available rooms here it's only half an hour to Bend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like fun Ray, putting this event on the calendar!

We'll see how things shake out for summer rides. :)

--G

Thanks for the invite Ray. Would have made a great trip, but I'll be in the UK for my nephew's wedding.

Stopped in LaPine about twenty years ago, heading home from Redding, CA. Seem to remember having very good Mexican food.

Al

Thanks for the invite Ray. Would have made a great trip, but I'll be in the UK for my nephew's wedding.

Stopped in LaPine about twenty years ago, heading home from Redding, CA. Seem to remember having very good Mexican food.

Al
Right you are. The Mexican food is right across the street from Harvest Depot. The only two places in this town I'll eat. Wish we had good pizza.

Sounds like a cool thing, Ray.

(What are those little, round, turd-lookin' things on the plate?)
They are kinda like tater-tots but they have chese and hot peppers in them and when people from Ca. eat them they get smarter. :p
Attention Old Michael: I went to Food Network and looked them up. They're actually "Corvallis Cannabis Cakes", a true Central Oregon delicacy! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Last edited by a moderator:
As of now, I don't see a reason why I couldn't make it. I am sure I will have a few stragglers with me as well.

As of now, I don't see a reason why I couldn't make it. I am sure I will have a few stragglers with me as well.
Will be good to see you someplace beside Busters. Bring all the straglers you want.