Oregon RTE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is a Reuben still a Reuben without that stinkin' sauerkraut? Can you just substitute jalapeños?

Ray, I've marked my calendar, and I'm going to try recruit those two AssAshland boys, ShinyPartsUp and Dudewado.
I'm going to try to get those days off.

I'm not sure you Californians should try riding in Oregon; I saw this near Crater Lake today:

P1030446Medium.jpg

Bring your snow shoes and umbrellas.

Is a Reuben still a Reuben without that stinkin' sauerkraut? Can you just substitute jalapeños?

Ray, I've marked my calendar, and I'm going to try recruit those two AssAshland boys, ShinyPartsUp and Dudewado.
I'm going to try to get those days off.

I'm not sure you Californians should try riding in Oregon; I saw this near Crater Lake today:

P1030446Medium.jpg

Bring your snow shoes and umbrellas.
It's melting fast. I went over last Wed. and the snow was halfway up the windows.

Thanks for telling me about this thread OM, but you didn't have to offer a John Travolta massage to get me there.

Looks like fun Ray, I'll check with the missus and see if she wants to tag along. Maybe I'll need a new rear tire by then and get somebody to install it ;-) since I just got the FJR out of the shop this week.

Those round things look like Rocky Mountain Oyster Fritters -- I heard somewhere men in Sacramento pay top dollar just to touch them.

Sounds like a fun ride. I am up for joining. n2osx, i'll sign up as one of the stragglers.
You are always welcome to join us. We thought about pitching in to rent a house down there for a night or 2. A friend told be about a nice little place in Spray, OR. (Yeah, what a name for a town) Counting you and us, I beleive we have 4 comfirmed bikes and possibly one to two more.

Thanks for telling me about this thread OM, but you didn't have to offer a John Travolta massage to get me there.

Those round things look like Rocky Mountain Oyster Fritters -- I heard somewhere men in Sacramento pay top dollar just to touch them.
Shiny, did Old Michael send you a nude singing telegram video invitation again? Actually, those are rather well done and so artsy-fartsy!

Shiny, did Old Michael send you a nude singing telegram video invitation again? Actually, those are rather well done and so artsy-fartsy!
No Don, he did not. :blink:

But I'm surprised you know so much about them. :p
Enough of this shit!!!!!! The visual of a naked singing OM is enough to make me puke a Reuben and and desert. :p

Enough of this shit!!!!!! The visual of a naked singing OM is enough to make me puke a Reuben and and desert. :p
Jeez Marie, everybody is a damned Critic around here!

https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chandler&1s=AZ&1y=US&1l=33.303379&1g=-111.840828&1v=CITY&2c=La+Pine&2s=OR&2y=US&2l=43.670052&2g=-121.504021&2v=CITY Actually, I sent PM's to my Irish Cousins Mick and Mick regarding your RTE. If this falls on a weekend I don't have Seth (shared custody with his Mom!) I'll blast up for this, you know we cheap ass tightwad Irishmen will never pass up a free lunch!

Last edited by a moderator:

https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chandler&1s=AZ&1y=US&1l=33.303379&1g=-111.840828&1v=CITY&2c=La+Pine&2s=OR&2y=US&2l=43.670052&2g=-121.504021&2v=CITY Actually, I sent PM's to my Irish Cousins Mick and Mick regarding your RTE. If this falls on a weekend I don't have Seth (shared custody with his Mom!) I'll blast up for this, you know we cheap ass tightwad Irishmen will never pass up a free lunch!
It's only free IF you are one of the first five there or ride the most miles to get there. :p

Sounds like a fun ride. I am up for joining. n2osx, i'll sign up as one of the stragglers.
You are always welcome to join us. We thought about pitching in to rent a house down there for a night or 2. A friend told be about a nice little place in Spray, OR. (Yeah, what a name for a town) Counting you and us, I beleive we have 4 comfirmed bikes and possibly one to two more.
I'll probably be one of the straglers again, bring up the back with my slow arse dirt bike. :) . I am on board with Carls plan of going to to Spray via Mitchel. That is some nice riding around there.

It's only free IF you are one of the first five there or ride the most miles to get there. :p
Well Dude, since it's 1,200 miles by the most direct route and I'm coming to La Pine via Nevada for 1,500 miles: I don't know who's going to beat those miles. Since it is over 250 miles you know Carver is not coming and I believe the Canucks won't come!

Well Dude, since it's 1,200 miles by the most direct route and I'm coming to La Pine via Nevada for 1,500 miles: I don't know who's going to beat those miles. Since it is over 250 miles you know Carver is not coming and I believe the Canucks won't come!
I was hoping Howie would show up but I think you need a special passport to venture west of the Mississippi. :lol:

I was thinking this would be pretty cool to attend but.. If the two Michael's are doin it?? No fooking way this guy is coming :eek:

Well, I got some kind of filth laden email today regarding this schebang....I'll hafta see how the time works out after my trip to NERDS, but what the Hell...For two days of riding up, a day or two there, and two back, I may be in. Besides, if I go, that will trump Don's mileage and I'LL get the free lunch. So, Don can suck it! Guess it don't matter though...If I can spend $200 in gas, I can spend $12 for frigging lunch. BTW, I love sauerkraut.

Well, I got some kind of filth laden email today regarding this schebang....I'll hafta see how the time works out after my trip to NERDS, but what the Hell...For two days of riding up, a day or two there, and two back, I may be in. Besides, if I go, that will trump Don's mileage and I'LL get the free lunch. So, Don can suck it! Guess it don't matter though...If I can spend $200 in gas, I can spend $12 for frigging lunch. BTW, I love sauerkraut.
Atencion mis Southwest Amigos: If you want to ride up to Republica de Oregon con Papa Chuy Viejo, I'll be leaving Phoenix "The Valley of the Blast Furnace" on Wednesday, September 12 at o'dark thirty. My Bitch, Bustanut joker, will be riding along with me.

Game plan is to spend that night in SoCal, then spend Thursday night 9/13 in Sacramento: "The Land of Fruits and Nuts!" Friday and Saturday night will be spent in La Pine "The Hemp Capital of Estados Unidos!" Reverse our FJR SW routing on Sunday, 9/16.