Owner's Manual

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defcon

Reaction score
I've recently purchased an 06 FJR-AE. It came with both keys and key code, but no owner's manual. (go figure)

The dealer didn't seem too interested in trying to get their hands on one for me either. They finally and reluctantly offered to order one from Yamaha, but that was going to take several weeks if not longer since they are back ordered or simple out of print.

Does anyone know where I can find a digital or hardcopy of the regular old owners manual that came with the bike? Or do you suggest I just get a factory service manual instead?

The only reason I ask is because I'm not going to be over-hauling the motor anytime soon, but I'd sure like to run my eyes through what Yamaha thinks an OWNER should know about his bike as opposed to a servicer.

Thanks for any ideas!

Digital copies of the owners manual are available for download on Yamaha's website. You must register before downloading. Link here

I assume you're not talking about the service manual. It is not legally available in a digital format, and must be purchased in print. Check with your dealer, or good internet dealer.

Digital copies of the owners manual are available for download on Yamaha's website. You must register before downloading. Link here

Thanks. I had overlooked this link in the Forum Guidelines.

I'd much rather order it from Yamaha myself than go through the dealer after the experiences I've had with those bozos in the past...

There are lots of on-line dealers you can order through. Price is usually the same or maybe a little under the MSRP. Check the dealer/vendor links from here as a starting point.

Just in case you are interested I have mine OEM 07 service manual dusting and now that I do not have FJR, for now, I can let it go. It has a good set of mine finger prints so FBI might pay you premium for it down the road. say 45 shipped?

Just in case you are interested I have mine OEM 07 service manual dusting and now that I do not have FJR, for now, I can let it go. It has a good set of mine finger prints so FBI might pay you premium for it down the road. say 45 shipped?

Thanks for the offer. Since I found the link to Yamaha's official owners manual and factory service manual order page, I believe I'll shell out for a new copy specific to my year and model.

I suppose my next inquiry would be about my exact model designation for ordering the owners manual from Yamaha. I've got an '06 FJR AE (electric clutch). The Yamaha site lists AEV, AEVC, AV, and AV ( C ). I's assume my bike is either AEV or AEVC. Just not sure what the V and VC designations imply.

Any help here?