oxford heated grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerryv

Reaction score
anyone using these grips on the fjr? if so how well do they warm your hands and is a spacer needed as the ones i am looking at are only 4 3/4 inches long? thanks

They sure do warm your hands, and yes a spacer is needed or move the controls a bit to allow the grips to reach the end of the bars.

If like me you use a Vista throttle lock you dont need a spacer and if you turn them up they get HOT, have only used mine up to medium so far this winter.

i do have the vista lock and i guess the controls on left side will move to the grip. i tried the big bike parts grips and they didnot heat well at all. bikebone.com has the oxford grips for $64.95 the best price i have found. think ill try a pair. thanks

anyone using these grips on the fjr? if so how well do they warm your hands and is a spacer needed as the ones i am looking at are only 4 3/4 inches long? thanks
They heat up fine, although left hand is cooler than right hand, because it is directly mounted to the handlebar. Yes you will need spacers.

What I did was glue the grips upto the controls and put an extra peice of rubber(from the old grips) at the bar end end.

Noddy.