Paint chipping on 07

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kango

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing paint chipping on the 07 model.

It seems to be happening a lot more on this model than on my previous 05 model.

Hi, Just wondered if anyone else is experiencing paint chipping on the 07 model.

It seems to be happening a lot more on this model than on my previous 05 model.
I've got 1500 miles on my "07" with no paint chips yet.

The plastic piece on the front of my windshield did break off though.

I've got a small chip on the edge of my mirror, but I think I tapped the fireplace :huh: 3k miles and haven't noticed anything other than that.

Come on kango...stop using the FJR for a bit of 'roo shooting....get back on the bitumen. :assassin:

On a more serious note, what colour have you got? Also wondering if it is anything to do with the crap that seems to be on the roads here at the moment, as the local councils are reluctant to clean up any spillage etc. It's a mine field out there. :dribble:

BTW...where did you get your 07 from? Currently looking at 5 Star's demo model....but the OSL (Organic Speed Limiter) is inclined to push for the showroom stock (zero klms). :yahoo: :clapping:

Steve

Come on kango...stop using the FJR for a bit of 'roo shooting....get back on the bitumen. :assassin:
On a more serious note, what colour have you got? Also wondering if it is anything to do with the crap that seems to be on the roads here at the moment, as the local councils are reluctant to clean up any spillage etc. It's a mine field out there. :dribble:

BTW...where did you get your 07 from? Currently looking at 5 Star's demo model....but the OSL (Organic Speed Limiter) is inclined to push for the showroom stock (zero klms). :yahoo: :clapping:

Steve
Hi Steve,

The FJR is the new red colour for 07.

I bought it from 5 star Yamaha,the only Yamaha dealer I have used for my last12 bikes, in recent years.

I saw the blue demo yesterday,looks ok.

The stone chips are to the LH mirror and a couple on the fairing, your correct its the crap on the road and a bit of my fault for followlng to close to sports bikes with sticky tyres which are picking up the road crap.