Painting a Saddlebag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone confirm that the replacement lid comes with the reflector and the rubber "lid protector"? BTW, in my recent experience, the "lid protector" is somewhat less than effective :(

Thanks,

Jim

I scratched my bags with only 700 miles on them, I temporarily use a non-slip black tape to cover them for now. Its thicker than reflective or duct, and pretty durable.

Can anyone confirm that the replacement lid comes with the reflector and the rubber "lid protector"? BTW, in my recent experience, the "lid protector" is somewhat less than effective :(

Thanks,

Jim
My replacement bag did not come with the reflector. It looks like it was actually a euro spec bag because the "warning" sticker on the inside was in 5 different languages instead of just english.

If by the bag protector you mean the black rubber strip in the middle that says Yamaha then yes. If you mean the strip of 3M tape you put on the bike to protect it from scratching when you install/remove the bag, then yes.