Pazzo Racing Levers installed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question, are those semi-circular inserts on the inside of the levers for little finger placement ? and for correct hand orientation to the levers, inquiring minds would like to know ??? :blink:
They are called Pazzo Racing Levers. I think the machined relief is so that, in case of a fall, the lever would give/break at that point and leave you "some" way to still ride the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much closer can you get the brake lever to the bar?
Which way do the numbers work? 1 - closer, 6 further??
I can't compare because I don't have the old levers mounted. With the brake lever set at #1, and applying front brake with my "manly hands" on maximum force, I can get the lever to almost touch the grip. YMMV....

#1 is closer, #6 is farther.

Here are another variation of the levers also from SBE. Right now the levers are set at the closest setting. Notice the red adjusters which I'm assuming match the red rings on the Soltek Lights which I currently can't afford....

DSCF2567.jpg

DSCF2566.jpg

Seriously, many were trying them and the adjustments and were surprised at the difference. And they adjuxt much easier and quicker than the OEMs. Maybe Jeff should give me a percentage.......(J/K). I know Mike-H bought a pair after trying mine and FlyingMonkeyGirl will be getting a set for her FZed-6. I don't remember if GunMD tried mine or not.
They are really that much better and different.
Yeah MM, I squeezed yours Friday when we were on our ride to Flaming Gorge (hmmm...strange name for a ride...shut up Skoot and WC). One pull and I was hooked. They just feel better. I wasn't prepared to purchase them on looks alone but once I felt the difference I couldn't fight it any longer. It's your fault MM. Thanks...you....Pazzo Pusher.

:unsure: :rolleyes:
i resisted the urge to squeeze your levers on the ride that day cause i knew, i too, would have to have a set. so now i'm still where Gun was, they pretty but they ain't $175 pretty! :lol: i know my girlie hands would love em though!

someday, someday. new seat for butt first!

My, my, my. What do we have here? A large, walk-in closet that just emptied? Yes, that must be it... well, either that or the entire Best of Liza Minnelli collection is currently being downloaded en masse by the Rainbow Coalition above.

Nice levers, though. Really.

:grin:

What are the color combo's. Blue w/Black adjusters, or Titanium anodized w/Gold adjusters, or Black w/ Red adjusters???

What are the color combo's. Blue w/Black adjusters, or Titanium anodized w/Gold adjusters, or Black w/ Red adjusters???
Here's what the Titanium-anodized finish with black adjusters look like... it's somewhat close to the Liquid Silver '03 paint:

clutch_installed2.jpg

They look very nice.
How much closer can you get the brake lever to the bar?

Thanks
About 1/2 inch by my estimate. The clutch won't fully disengage at the closest setting though. I put it up at 2 instead.

I dunno....my clutch works just fine on #1. Because of my longish fingers and "manly hands" I prefer the clutch set at #2 but it functions when set on #1. It may be an individual, bike-to-bike, personal taste, thing....

What is the best lever size for the FJR? I'm almost tempted to get the short ones. Hard to tell without doin' the 'ol try before you buy. :unsure:

That's why I had them lined up to "squeeze my lever(s)"........ :yahoo:

I believe you'll see the pictures show that everyone has the "long" version (as identified by the "notch" which is close to where the "short version" ends.). Check the Passo website or comparisons.

Well, the Pazzo website does not list an FJR, so which model does one order? I'm thinking black on black for my 06...

I order long lever for clutch and short lever for the brake. Always two finger the brake.

Works awesome. Black with blue adjusters.

I odered them from {George Jones} Jeff @ bike effects.

PS: I'm not going to order those Galfer Wave Roto's, I'm not, I'm not... Oh Damn!

Well, the Pazzo website does not list an FJR, so which model does one order? I'm thinking black on black for my 06...
You'll ned the levers for the "First Gen" FZ-1. The brake lever works "out-of-the-box", the clutch lever needs the brass bushing from the OEM (it slides right out and needs to be lubed, anyway).