Pazzo Racing Levers installed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I order long lever for clutch and short lever for the brake. Always two finger the brake.
Works awesome. Black with blue adjusters.

I odered them from {George Jones} Jeff @ bike effects.

PS: I'm not going to order those Galfer Wave Roto's, I'm not, I'm not... Oh Damn!

I have the shorties for both sides (brake and clutch), love them, one of the best mods I've made.

I have the Galfer wave rotors, just a beautiful site every time you walk up to your FJR.

Just ordered a long pair - Black with Blue adjusters ---- Thanks Jeff at Bike Effects !
I checked them out before I shipped them. The blue adjusters look good. I'm going to put a set of black shorty Pazzos with blue adjusters on my R1. After having the Pazzos on the FJR, the levers on the R1 look like crowbars!

<...> Here's what the Titanium-anodized finish with black adjusters look like... it's somewhat close to the Liquid Silver '03 paint:
...and look pretty damn cool on the 2005 Silver Storm, too :D They're the first US-bought farkle I installed as soon as I shook off the jet-lag. :rolleyes:

Thanks Jeff for a supernaturally fast delivery.

Stef

FQJOP-DSCF0837.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Came in last week while I was out of town. Thanks Bike Effects.

Clutch side first. This is the standard length lever.

kitchen175jl6.jpg

Sorry for the dark pics. I was working in the shade. Installed clutch side.

kitchen184zm8.jpg

For the front brake lever, I went with the shortie length lever.

kitchen177mr1.jpg

Installed.

kitchen181ri6.jpg

I ordered a set of black Pazzo Racing levers from Jeff while at WFO last weekend. Once I got home I emailed him begging to change from black to blue. He had no problem with my sudden change of preference and made the switch for me. I had them on my doorstep when I got home today. It took about 10 mins to install them (including cleaning up the grime a bit from the stock levers).
So, why did you pick blue?

j/k Looks sweet...I might just copy you. The lever I got for Sherri's FZ6 from Jeff rocks. If I remember correctly, Jeff got it to me fast and with a smile. I seldom remember things well, but Jeff's customer service is second to none.

How do you install them? Whats the best way? Looks to me that you can get away with just removing and replacing the lever only. Is there any specific distance to slide the "hinge part" toward or away from the grip as compared to the stock setup? Looks to me that its just a looks and preference decision. Whats the scoop..... :unsure:

I must have about 1.5 inches of space between the hinge part and the grip. I'm guessing that the decision for long or short levers depends on which fingers I use on the lever. I usually use the last three fingers for clutch and brake so I'm planning to get the long Pazzo's.

Install is a 10 minute event including the time it takes to clean up the sludge from the old ones. VERY simply and you cannot phuck it up. The old levers unscrew and the new ones fall right into place. On one side (can't recall which one) there is a little brass-like bushing thingy that you simply push on and it slides outta the OEM lever. Clean it up, lube it w/ the included grease and then slide it into the Pazzo lever. Super simple.

Norco, huh? I don't know where that is. We've ridden together so it can't be all that far. Maybe if you pay for my gas and buy me steak and beer I'll stop by and install those Pazzo's for ya!

:D

Thanks Gunny! If I run into trouble I'll PM you. What kind of good things have you noticed about the Pazzo's.

Well, since mine are blue they're admired by the ladies. They love a man who isn't afraid to express himself via his choice of levers.

Oh, and they're really comfy. I love 'em.