PCA Givi Topbox Rack, E250 Adapter Plate and PCA bacrest?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drmjf86

Reaction score
I appreciate the replies I have received thus far to my earlier posts but none of them or the threads I have been referred to have answered my question. Perhaps my verbosity is hindering understanding of my question so I'll break it down:

1) Can the PCA Passenger Backrest be easily installed and removed from the PCA Givi Topbox Rack if the E250 Universal Adapter Plate is in place? (Current versions of both products). I am aware that the backrest and topbox cannot be used together and that PCA makes a mounting kit that is much cheaper than the E250 Universal Adapter Plate for use w/ their racks (Those are not my questions, however)

2) Has anyone tried installing the Givi Z880 brakelight electrical contact plate for the Givi E52 topbox lights in the E250 Adapter Plate so that you have the easy on/off electrical connection that the Givi SR357 mount provides? I have the SR357 set up currently but it positions the topbox too far forward (Thus the reason for looking at the PCA racks)

Last edited by a moderator:

Toecutter, Sorry to take up so much of your precious time w/ my inane questions. I can imagine the time you have to spend away from your Gameboy is irreplaceable. But, if you would kindly provide me with a "clicky" link to the posts that answer my specific questions I will post a statement praising you for your searching skills - and add that your naughty bits are bigger than mine if that would make you feel better. I'm curious as to why you even bothered to open my post and respond?

I appreciate the replies I have received thus far to my earlier posts but none of them or the threads I have been referred to have answered my question. Perhaps my verbosity is hindering understanding of my question so I'll break it down:
1) Can the PCA Passenger Backrest be easily installed and removed from the PCA Givi Topbox Rack if the E250 Universal Adapter Plate is in place?

2) Has anyone tried installing the Givi Z880 brakelight electrical contact plate

1. No. I think one or the other. The adapter plate has 4 bolts to hold it on the rack and then 4 tiny screws to hold the flush mount cover on it - hides the bolts. I have these and either the backrest is on or the adapter plate is on.

2. Can't help here. I have the E52 never put lights in it.

Ask Duane at PCA he is a great help.

Toecutter, Sorry to take up so much of your precious time w/ my inane questions. I can imagine the time you have to spend away from your Gameboy is irreplaceable. But, if you would kindly provide me with a "clicky" link to the posts that answer my specific questions I will post a statement praising you for your searching skills - and add that your naughty bits are bigger than mine if that would make you feel better. I'm curious as to why you even bothered to open my post and respond?
Chastising veterans isn't going to win you many friends here.

His point of "In Before the Lock" was more related to the common sense idea that you shouldn't start a second thread because you didn't like the answer in the original. The proper method would be to clarify your question in the original thread.

So, this thread is closed as it's a duplicate. You want to keep talking about this issue....use the original.

I hope you can heed the advice of some very helpful regulars in the future....otherwise you might find yourself dogpiled and have a very unpleasant experience. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.