Peer Pressure & Ride to Work Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MCRIDER007 - no typos: I had diverged from the game of BINGO to wondering if it was possible to construct a ride based on telephone numbers, so I gave you Jenny's ... 867-5309

MCRIDER007 - no typos: I had diverged from the game of BINGO to wondering if it was possible to construct a ride based on telephone numbers, so I gave you Jenny's ... 867-5309
Well.....that went way over my head.....and I find my internet mind reading skills are at an absolute low today.....maybe things will be clearer after I am fully awake and go for a ride to clear my head.....or use the Internet search engine to figure out what I am missing.....
And it turns out I missed that song in the 80s, just listened to it for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was halfway through your RR and trying to think of a simple and gracious way of saying thanks for the report, the photos, and the enjoyable word-smithing,

Then I kept reading and got completely lost in prose, lyrics and daydreams....

Since any attempt on my part to "play with the big kids" would likely embarrass me and annoy you (though you'd be too kind to point out either), I'll keep it simple:

wow, thanks!

"All I'm saying is that, when I'm around you, I find myself showing off, which is the idiot's version of being interesting." ~ Harris K. Telemacher

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, I'm a computer guy, all that literary stuff is what I suffered through in school so I could get to the good stuff. What poems used to occupy HDD space in my brain have long been overwritten.
biggrin.png
+1

I was halfway through your RR and trying to think of a simple and gracious way of saying thanks for the report, the photos, and the enjoyable word-smithing,Then I kept reading and got completely lost in prose, lyrics and daydreams....

Since any attempt on my part to "play with the big kids" would likely embarrass me and annoy you (though you'd be too kind to point out either), I'll keep it simple:

wow, thanks!

"All I'm saying is that, when I'm around you, I find myself showing off, which is the idiot's version of being interesting." ~ Harris K. Telemacher

Dear BG ...

I'm glad you got lost in the prose - that is the ultimate complement that you can pay an author. A sincere and unstudied expression of how you feel is often the most simple and gracious way to say "thank you". You are welcome at the big kids table any day.

Riona

Meh, I'm a computer guy, all that literary stuff is what I suffered through in school so I could get to the good stuff. What poems used to occupy HDD space in my brain have long been overwritten.
biggrin.png
+1
Bounce and Gixxer - this one is for you:

If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,

And the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,

And the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort,

Then the socket packet pocket has an error to report.

If your cursor finds a menu item followed by a dash,

And the double-clicking icon puts your window in the trash,

And your data is corrupted because the index doesn't hash,

Then your situation's hopeless, and your system's gonna crash!

If the label on the cable on the table at your house,

Says the network is connected to the button on your mouse,

But your packets want to tunnel onto another protocol,

That's repeatedly rejected by the printer down the hall ~

And your screen is all distorted by the side effects of gauss,

So your icons in the window are as wavy as a souse,

Then you may as well reboot and go out with a bang,

'Cause as sure as I'm a poet, the sucker's gonna hang!

When the copy of your floppy's getting sloppy on the disk,

And the microcode instructions cause unnecessary RISC,

Then you'll have to flash your memory, and you'll want to RAM your ROM.

Quickly turn off the computer and be sure to tell your mom!

:)

Riona, you continue to impress me. You have transitioned smoothly from an excellent RR, into high end literature, to the one hit wonder that was Tommy Tutone. Now into computer geek poetry. Next you'll be modeling lingerie sitting on a Harley...
smile.png

ROFLMAO ... Nice try, Red, but I TOLD you that I wasn't going to re-post that picture
angel.gif

Meh, I'm a computer guy, all that literary stuff is what I suffered through in school so I could get to the good stuff. What poems used to occupy HDD space in my brain have long been overwritten. :D
+1
Bounce and Gixxer - this one is for you:

If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,

And the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,

And the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort,

Then the socket packet pocket has an error to report.

If your cursor finds a menu item followed by a dash,

And the double-clicking icon puts your window in the trash,

And your data is corrupted because the index doesn't hash,

Then your situation's hopeless, and your system's gonna crash!

If the label on the cable on the table at your house,

Says the network is connected to the button on your mouse,

But your packets want to tunnel onto another protocol,

That's repeatedly rejected by the printer down the hall ~

And your screen is all distorted by the side effects of gauss,

So your icons in the window are as wavy as a souse,

Then you may as well reboot and go out with a bang,

'Cause as sure as I'm a poet, the sucker's gonna hang!

When the copy of your floppy's getting sloppy on the disk,

And the microcode instructions cause unnecessary RISC,

Then you'll have to flash your memory, and you'll want to RAM your ROM.

Quickly turn off the computer and be sure to tell your mom!

:)
Cool, Dr. Seuss crossed with the Geek Squad.

Nice try but my left brainededness causes anything in the form of poetry to instantly be translated into the sounds all adults make in Peanuts animations (WA WAH WAH WAH...).

ROFLMAO ... Nice try, Red, but I TOLD you that I wasn't going to re-post that picture
angel.gif
My dear friend, I don't want you to re-post that pic. I have it forever burned into my memory... Of course then I see BigUn (my wife) waddling out of the kitchen with a platter of food and my retinas get seared with that painful image.

No, if it gave you a chuckle, that was the desired result.

Very nice RR
thumbsup.gif
, I recently rode the Oregon roads (FS53 and 206) since they are almost in my back yard, and as good as those roads are with the smooth pavement, sweeping corners, and elevation changes; they are gateways to even better roads in Central Oregon. Anyone planning a trip to Oregon should include FS51, FS52, 7, 19, 207, 218, and 245. You can't do everything in a day, probably not in 2 days, but it will be a memorable trip that you will want to do again.
I did the Galice to Gold Beach Road a couple of years ago. That was pretty cool. Middle of nowhere, coming around corners to find gravel, or even better washed out roads. Not a soul or gas stations for MIIIILES.. One of my favorite trips ever.

Nice try but my left brainededness causes anything in the form of poetry to instantly be translated into the sounds all adults make in Peanuts animations (WA WAH WAH WAH...).

Bounce - As a last ditch attempt to get poetry across, I wrote this especially for you... If all you get is wa wah, wa wah, wa wah ... try humming it to the tune of the can-can ...

Dear Yamaha, never make a car,

We dearly love the FJR.

But we’re going to Farkle it,

Because some parts disappoint a bit.

The wind shield is the first to yield

Got to keep the air away

Next the seat, it’s not so sweet

When we’re riding all the day

Wild Bill pegs will save our legs

On a long stretch of highway

Add Cruise control, we like to roll

Who cares how much we have to pay?

Add more lights, we ride at nights

At the front and at the back

Put the fear in Elk and Deer

(For LED’s please see our FAQ)

Wyn’s Big Foot stand will be grand

When we’re parking on the sand

Penske says “replace the shocks”

In case we’re riding over rocks

Canyon cage is all the rage

Frame sliders are so passé

GPS adds finesse

In case we ever lose our way

RAM ball mount, I’ve lost count

Of the checks I’ve had to send

Change the tires, add more wires

When will it ever end?

thanks. that was a herculean effort but consider me one of the unwashed masses. rest assured that, because of your effort, i actually read all of the last one.

Lyrics by the Eagles and America??? I love it!!

Two of the better bands from the 70's.

Throw in some Kansas and Led Zep, and we got a concert happening,,,

Biknflyfisher (class of 1977)