Phoenix Area FJR Service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Find a Yamaha Five-Star Certified Service Center. This means that their service technicians are factory trained and certified by Yamaha Motor Corporation to service your Yamaha.
Well, the crappy dealer has a "YTA Gold motorsports technician" while the good one only has bronze, according to yamaha-motor.com. Probably means about as much as a MCSE certification in the computer industry. Probably about the same as getting a good score in "suspension" at MMI... it just means you changed a hell of a lot of tires. I've seen enough total morons ace cert tests that I have no faith in them. Heck, even *I* can score well on a standardized test.

Last edited by a moderator:
Find a Yamaha Five-Star Certified Service Center. This means that their service technicians are factory trained and certified by Yamaha Motor Corporation to service your Yamaha.
Well, the crappy dealer has a "YTA Gold motorsports technician"

...I've seen enough total morons ace cert tests that I have no faith in them. Heck, even *I* can score well on a standardized test.
Well..., it certainly seems that, for some, "the system is broken"...? :unsure:

If the system, overall, were so broken -- why would anyone buy a Y.E.S. policy? :unsure:

(that'd be 'just asking for trouble'... :( )

If the system, overall, were so broken -- why would anyone buy a Y.E.S. policy? :unsure:

(that'd be 'just asking for trouble'... :( )
It's quite simple. Get the Y.E.S. and find a good dealer to do the work. It's not easy, but it can be done. If I didn't have my semi-local guy, I would take it all the way to the Rancho Cucamonga, CA Yamaha dealer based on the excellent reviews they get. You seem like a smart guy. Surely you can figure this stuff out.

It's quite simple. ...find a good dealer to do the work. It's not easy, but it can be done.
Just my point (why was it so hard...? :unsure: )

(is there an echo in here...? :unsure: )

creyaz, Sorry I didn't respond earlier Guys, spent all weekend at a Nudist Colony and Health Spa with FJR Bluesman over in Orange County, CA. Papa loves ya Bluesy!

Cycle Center is a motorcycle dealership located in Casa Grande, AZ selling Honda and Yamaha motorcycles. I only let two mechanics, besides myself-and I only do the 5K mile services, work on My Miss Lucy Liu: SkooterG and Kendall of The Cycle Center. I've had nothing but terrible service from Ride Now. Maybe they've changed???

The Cycle Center

14660 W Jimmie Kerr Blvd

Casa Grande, AZ 85222-8444

520-836-8739

Honda, Yamaha
Muchas Gracias Amigo

creyaz

Muchas Gracias Amigo

creyaz
Chris-creyaz, ehc0720, networkguy, Jim in Phoenix, Eileen and rest of the Southwest FJR Forum of Maricopa County: SkooterG and I've suspended our monthly Wednesday night at 1800 hours get togethers due to the oncoming Phoenix heat. They're usually held at either Buffalo Wild Wing locations or The Tilted Kilt locations.

Next Wednesday night Ride To Eat - Eat to Ride is on 9/28/11. I'll post up details over Labor Day Weekend. https://www.buffalowildwings.com/ https://www.tiltedkilt.com/

Thanks, where is the Arizona Sportbike Performance Center?
Arizona Sportbike Performance Center is at 15810 N Cave Creek Road South of Greenway Parkway and north of Greenway Rd. and on the west side of the road. Looking over my last bill, the charge was $800 for tires (PR@s), mounting and balancing, plugs, and valve adjustment. We talked about draining and flushing the coolant as well as new hoses but that is not on the bill. I need to check.

Muchas Gracias Amigo

creyaz
Chris-creyaz, ehc0720, networkguy, Jim in Phoenix, Eileen and rest of the Southwest FJR Forum of Maricopa County: SkooterG and I've suspended our monthly Wednesday night at 1800 hours get togethers due to the oncoming Phoenix heat. They're usually held at either Buffalo Wild Wing locations or The Tilted Kilt locations.

Next Wednesday night Ride To Eat - Eat to Ride is on 9/28/11. I'll post up details over Labor Day Weekend. https://www.buffalowildwings.com/ https://www.tiltedkilt.com/
Sounds great I'll watch for the post. BTW... I took my bike to Casa Grande, Kendall did good work, little pricey but I'll go back.

Thanks, where is the Arizona Sportbike Performance Center?
Arizona Sportbike Performance Center is at 15810 N Cave Creek Road South of Greenway Parkway and north of Greenway Rd. and on the west side of the road. Looking over my last bill, the charge was $800 for tires (PR@s), mounting and balancing, plugs, and valve adjustment. We talked about draining and flushing the coolant as well as new hoses but that is not on the bill. I need to check.

Buyer beware when doing business with Sportbike Rental/Performance.

It's quite simple. ...find a good dealer to do the work. It's not easy, but it can be done.

That's the million dollar question, isn't it. But I can also attest that it's difficult to find a good dealer. A formerly "trusted" dealer told me that I didn't need a valve check on my FJR with 30k miles on it. The only times I've gone back were to get tires mounted on wheels which I've taken off my bike myself (and which I then check the balance on my static balancer).

If you had the inclination to run an independent repair shop, or even under a dealer's banner, if you provided good service (to both the bikes and the customers), and simply got stuff done on time, I'd bet you could make quite the profit (assuming you also had the requisite marketing, etc).

That's the million dollar question, isn't it. But I can also attest that it's difficult to find a good dealer. A formerly "trusted" dealer told me that I didn't need a valve check on my FJR with 30k miles on it. The only times I've gone back were to get tires mounted on wheels which I've taken off my bike myself (and which I then check the balance on my static balancer).

If you had the inclination to run an independent repair shop, or even under a dealer's banner, if you provided good service (to both the bikes and the customers), and simply got stuff done on time, I'd bet you could make quite the profit (assuming you also had the requisite marketing, etc).
(I've always wanted to reply to myself!)

Another data point I forgot about was from yesterday (yay short term memory!!). Hosted a tech day at my place, and relatively new member, 1300AE came down for the fun. He complained that his rear brake lever required way too much motion before engaging the brake. Sure enough, it went damn near to the "floor" before the pad would even start to touch the rotor. Pads were fine, suspecting air in the lines, we did a quick bleed job, and it was good as new.

Here's the problem: His bike has less than 2000 miles on it. He bought it new from the dealer...a Yamaha-only dealer...who said that his brakes were normal when he took it back to them. P.S. This is also a supposed "Yamaha Gold" dealer too.