PIAA 1100X

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dritt28

Reaction score
I'm looking for some auxillary lighting and I came across the PIAA 1100x kit. I know its not HID lighting. Are the lights worth the money and do they work ? I do a lot of night driving. :dribble:

I'm looking for some auxillary lighting and I came across the PIAA 1100x kit. I know its not HID lighting. Are the lights worth the money and do they work ? I do a lot of night driving. :dribble:
While the put out a fair amount of light for their size.... you can do much better for the 110-watts of power they consume.

If you're not going to go HID, I would strongly recommend the Hella FF50's. They use the common H7 bulb, and you can get a set of H7 Silverstars or the Philips Vision Plus H7 bulbs for an even better output. Given the FJR's weak-tit alternator, this Hella setup is about as good as it's going to get for you without going HID.

Just make sure you get the DRIVING LIGHT beam pattern version, not the fog light version.

Here'a quick link, but you can probably find them cheaper id you google hard enough: Hella FF50 for $85

hella_ff50.jpg

I have them on my GL1800 and I am going to put them on my FJR1300AE when I get it! They are really EXCELLENT for night riding.

Best Regards,

Shane

P.S. I don't know about the power out - I emailed a couple of board members and never got a response. I then called Cycle Gadgets and talked with their inhouse FJR1300 rider and he said he has them on his bike.

I went with the FF50's and Garauld's brackets and have to say that they are great. I rode home from Montrose last Thursday night and was really appreciating the extra light. Of course the cars way off in the distance I do not think liked the extra lights. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
My FF50's on the 03' worked great. Here's a pic of mine mounted atop a set of Top Gun (FJR Goodies) brackets. I'm sure Garaulds version works well also.......

DSC00004.jpg
[/img]

Though hard to see, I've got the optional Lexan covers on. The Hellas are a nice option if your pockets are shallow like mine!

I like the ff50's, but what about the mounts for the 2006 fjr? Are they available for the new types of mirrors? :unsure:
The Top Gun brackets for the 2006 models have been re-designed and are finishing up on-road testing right now. FJRGoodies should have them ready to offer by the June timeframe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerauld is definitely making the brackets for the '06. Check with him but I believe they are either $30.00 or

$35.00. I was able to get the Hella FF50's off EBAY for around $30.00 minus the relay....