Pic of the year !!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second SS1K ride of 2005, done mid August, down to Key West.

The first pic was my 'x-mas card' this year.

Post sunset photo, no 'ping'

100_0113.JPG

Coming back home, going North on US 1, just about to get sprinkled...

lilduck.jpg

Another view, worse composition, better cloud/rain view...

100_0157.JPG

The Swiss side of the Spluga Pass.

048Splugapass.jpg

050Splugapass.jpg

Having seen some of the pics in this thread I'm going to have to start making plans for a tour to the USA.

Where can I hire an FJR?

Unbelievably BEAUTIFUL photos!

These are a hard act to follow, but...for me personally, of all the things motorcycle related I did in 05 the most fun was finally catching up with the illusive FJR at Deals Gap Store.

The very gracious owner and his wife were up from Florida and noticed I was drooling on his silver baby and offered to let me sit on it for a spell.

Well, as is evident in the picture my wife took of me, I was like a kid at Christmastime. I apologise for the goofy look on my face but that ranked right up there with the day my first child was born. :D

008214811.jpg

Now as we enter the new year I have a bunch of hurdles to get over to be able to join the FJR owner's club. It still remains a goal of mine for 07 but I have two kids in school and a wife out of work right now. I'll take whatever life gives me as I missed the bullet a few years ago and am in remission from a serious illness.

My new illness is caused by Yamaha and now I am in search of a good interim sport ride. My older biker friend who was so kind to give me access to his Honda ST1300 all year has now sold it and left me out of the loop. I really would like to try out a new FZ-1 street rod this year if at all possible then move back to the touring mode next year. That's dangerous, I know, 'cause I may have trouble giving up a Fizzer. I guess we'll see what happens.

Happy New Year,

Roger B

Last edited by a moderator:
Having seen some of the pics in this thread I'm going to have to start making plans for a tour to the USA.
Where can I hire an FJR?
I'm pretty sure that this is impossible in the US, but a hell of a good idea though! It seems that most of the rentals in the US are of the Harley variety. What a waste!

Where can I hire an FJR?
I'm pretty sure that this is impossible in the US, but a hell of a good idea though! It seems that most of the rentals in the US are of the Harley variety. What a waste!
I've seen a few places that offer FJR Rental out west.

google FJR rentals for more.

Where can I hire an FJR?
I've seen a few places that offer FJR Rental out west.

google FJR rentals for more.
Thanks for the tip Pierre, I've book-marked them and others for 2007 as I already have tours arranged to Germany, Spain and Italy for this year. Maybe I'll be able to take in one of the owners meets :)

Sorry folks, but it is the only pic I have at the moment. Me and buds planning a trip to Big Bend late march, maybe I can add a few after the trip. This one is the day I bought my feejer and just got home. Pic taken at my neighbors house showing off the new steed.

37656546-O1.jpg

Where can I hire an FJR?
The local Yamaha dealer here in Medford, Or. stated that the local motorcycle rental shop here in town has an fjr with a top trunk in their stable for rent. :D

Bob

Taming the Dragon, Deals Gap EOM 2005

It was suggested I have plastic knee pucks fitted to the side bags......just in case!

4ea96a1a.jpg

Hihest point in the Smokies, Clingmans Dome NC.

EOMtopofthemountain.jpg

Another shot from Clingmans Dome NC one of the best roads up there!!

Highestpointinthesmokies.jpg

Skippy

From another post, not a parking lot or driveway, but vista spot, because its just so purdy. Hwy120/hwy49 near Preist Grade, CA

IMG_0780.jpg

Not really piccis of the year, but related to members of this forum anyway.

Couple more from the Cal24 in King City, CA June'05.

This one of wifey to give a size perspective to my B-in-L of the SV650, which he ended up buying. Shame about the 2 people spoiling the shot in the background. :p :D

IMG_0453.jpg

Anyone know this guy with a sore hand? Not me, but he sure looks like trouble. :D

IMG_0466.jpg

Anyone know this guy with a sore hand?  Not me, but he sure looks like trouble. :D
IMG_0466.jpg
Oh man, oh man...

that's no other than Monsier SkooterG after his high-side last year (wile looking at the curves intead of looking at the road) ... He had to ride from CA to AZ with a broken left wrist; time at which he larned the delicate art of clutchless downshifting. Outch!!!

;)

It has my vote for picture of the year... :p

Oh my gosh...what a great thread! Great pics! Here are a few more that I really like:

Tinker on the road down to Washington, Ca:

DSC01519.jpg

FJR's invade the town of Washington, CA

DSC01546.jpg

Cruiser putting along as FJR's scream by on the other side

DSC01617.jpg

FJR on 49 between North San Juan and Downieville

DSC01291.jpg

FJR in Northern parking lot at Red Rocks, Colorado

aDSC00464.jpg

FJR on the Avenue of the Giants, just North of Miranda, Ca

DSC01833.jpg

There are so many more, but I only have time for this last one in Northern Colorado, Hwy 14

DSC00163.jpg

Oh, and this one of a couple forum members through our CB +4+1 on 89 in Eastern Ca

DSC00993.jpg

Fun Year!