Picked up my new 2010 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic,

Congrats on the New FJR and Great Pics.

<<<<<< 2010 Model on left -7

You make me feel good since I am back in VOGUE again with the new color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your good wishes- Yes, I also had a silver 2003 previously- the silver color is a bit different than the 03s though- a bit Grey'er I think...

Some folks on another chat have given me a hard time for flying to another state to get a bike and then having to drive 568 miles home. But, those must be either the FJR owners that have lots of money or ones that only drive 500 miles all year long!

Many long time FJR riders realize the handful of dealers that sell the FJRs well below the MSRP- I like to save my money for more farkles and since I drive 10,000 miles per year on my FJR- 500 miles is just a good days ride!

I applaud your willingness to travel to get your new scooter. Eight years ago, I flew from Tulsa to Portland, OR to buy a lightly used BMW and road it home. By the time I got home, we were good buddies and I knew exactly what farkles were necessary. I strongly recommend anyone considering a newer motorcycle give serious thought to doing exactly what you did.

Congratulations again on your new FJR. :clapping:

OBD

Thanks for all your good wishes- Yes, I also had a silver 2003 previously- the silver color is a bit different than the 03s though- a bit Grey'er I think...
Some folks on another chat have given me a hard time for flying to another state to get a bike and then having to drive 568 miles home. But, those must be either the FJR owners that have lots of money or ones that only drive 500 miles all year long!

Many long time FJR riders realize the handful of dealers that sell the FJRs well below the MSRP- I like to save my money for more farkles and since I drive 10,000 miles per year on my FJR- 500 miles is just a good days ride!
Yes, you are a motorcyclist while the folks giving you a hard time are merely bikers :rolleyes: . I've done the same thing a couple of times. About 4 yrs ago, I flew from N.C. to San Diego for a used 04 ST1300ABS and rode it home. That was a great and fun ride. Then in Aug. 08 flew down to Huntsville, AL so D & H cycle could sell me my new 08 FJR (still got the ST too with bout 85000 mi. on it now). So where there is a good deal, we will find it and go :yahoo: .

doctorj

I applaud your willingness to travel to get your new scooter. Eight years ago, I flew from Tulsa to Portland, OR to buy a lightly used BMW and road it home. By the time I got home, we were good buddies and I knew exactly what farkles were necessary. I strongly recommend anyone considering a newer motorcycle give serious thought to doing exactly what you did.
+1. Bought my 03 on Ebay (with 350 miles from a Chicago owner). Flew, transacted, rode home through CO and UT...about the most enjoyable trip I ever had.

Glad your back on another FJR John! Nice ride home dude, pretty different than the weather we encountered when we picked up our 06s back on April 7, 2006. I'm happy it has worked out for you. See ya at SFO?!

Glad your back on another FJR John! Nice ride home dude, pretty different than the weather we encountered when we picked up our 06s back on April 7, 2006. I'm happy it has worked out for you. See ya at SFO?!

Sorry - won't be at SFO. Am taking the KLR on a dual sport trip in Mexico the following week via a trip organized by a local Austin area guy.

See: https://www.texasadventure.net/Mextrek/MexTrek%20Home.htm

I second, my Tulsa riding friend. All of the Ozarks in NW AR are great! One of the few places us Okies have to ride thats not more than a day away.
I 3rd, been in that neck of the woods many times. My daughter lives in Fayetteville and we do BBBQ every year.

I'm the guy John encountered at Arby's in Oklahoma. He couldn't stop grinning, so I knew it had to be a new bike. It was great to meet ya! Phil

Maybe it's just because yours is new and the guys I know with the silver FJRs just never wash the frigging things, but that color is outstanding.

That's a beautiful bike. FWIW, I too bought my bike away from home. Live in Albuquerque, and bought mine in Durango. I put 620 miles on it by the time I got to my garage. It's one of the best trips I ever had.

Yes, the "liquid" silver color is really quite cool. It sort of glistens with a light grey color in the light and sort of darker grey color in the shade- a bit different than the 03 grey color.