Picking up my FJR Saturday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep finally made a deal on a 2005 FJR, I got the price where I wanted it and they are taking my Bandit 1250 in as trade. LIFE IS GOOD!!
I have been reading about all the extras to add, and I think the first will be a new windshield and heated grips of some kind. the a new seat or some kind of backrest for the wife.

Cant wait.

Phil
Congratulations! You "southern" people always think it's too cold to ride.... :)

You bought an 05. Just let it warm up first. There will be enough heat coming from the left side to keep you warm, honest!

:)

Enjoy the new ride! You have the best, fastest color.

Welcome Phil, and let the games begin. Just watch this beast. It is top heavy especially doing slow manauvers around the driveway and backing down inclines over gutters etc. and I catch myself doing above the speed limit and didn't even realize. Be safe and enjoy many rides to come. PM. <>< :yahoo:

Snow and ice, ok... cold? Nevah! Ok, except here in Texas! I thot it would be at least warmer than Ohio! <LOL>

Anyway, the FJR any year is a great bike. It's big, but very easy to ride.

Pushing it aroundor backing is a whole nuther story.

Anyway, these guys heated liners are made specifically for sport touring... they ride the "old" Yamahas... the 1100's...unless they've bought new bikes in the past couple of years.... I've met them and their bikes...<G> They also go to Europe and ride around there a bit...<G>

https://www.warmnsafe.com/motorcycle_clothing.php

and they have gloves, too.

Personally , I prefer heated gloves to heated grips... or both!

What I'd really like would be heated toe warmers.... :biggrinsmiley:

Mary

Home safe and sound. rained alot so tomorrow is detail it day, then I will post a couple pics. like you guys dont know what they look like!! :lol: