Picking up my FJR Saturday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip

Reaction score
Yep finally made a deal on a 2005 FJR, I got the price where I wanted it and they are taking my Bandit 1250 in as trade. LIFE IS GOOD!!

I have been reading about all the extras to add, and I think the first will be a new windshield and heated grips of some kind. the a new seat or some kind of backrest for the wife.

Cant wait.

Phil

Congratulations!!!

There is a group buy on the Russel seat. It ends on the 30th. So if you want to save 20% send in your order. I sent mine today :D .

Welcome Phil, and let the games begin. Just watch this beast. It is top heavy especially doing slow manauvers around the driveway and backing down inclines over gutters etc. and I catch myself doing above the speed limit and didn't even realize. Be safe and enjoy many rides to come. PM. <>< :yahoo:

Too cold to ride...WTF :blink: You should live in my neck of the woods.
let me rephrase that, its going to be icing and snowing sat!! I rode this morning in 29deg and I dont have any real winter gear yet!!!
Icing and snowing, then your excused until it melts. Once you start riding that baby you'll be buying that winter gear right quick.

Too cold to ride...WTF :blink: You should live in my neck of the woods.
let me rephrase that, its going to be icing and snowing sat!! I rode this morning in 29deg and I dont have any real winter gear yet!!!
Icing and snowing, then your excused until it melts. Once you start riding that baby you'll be buying that winter gear right quick.
Already shopping. :lol:

Congratulations on your new ride....I still remember the first day I got mine...what a feeling.

Just don't do like me and drop it less than two miles from the dealer.....it is top heavy on low speed turns.

I would suggest Skyway Sliders as Farkle #1

Congrat's on your new bike!! :clapping:

If you're too cold there, I'd hate to see your reaction to riding in Ontario Canada right about now. :unsure: I decided that riding my FJR was just too much fun to give it up when the ol mercury dropped below 50 so I got a larger windshield (CalSci XL) and a Gerbing heated jacket liner. :yahoo: I've been out for a 2hr ride with the temp at 34 without any problem at all. The jacket makes you feel like the sun is shining on your back on a nice summer day.

My only problem is finding anyone else that hasn't put their baby into hybernation for the winter :rolleyes:

Hi Phil, I was looking into the Bandit 1250 as I wanted to upgrade from by Bandit 1200S. What didn't you like about the 1250 and what made you want to go with the FJR?

Rob

Welcome and Congrats!

Its never to cold to ride when you have Gerbings. Pricey but worth it. If nothing else get the jacket liner it keeps your torso warm which allows blood to flow to the rest of your body.

Steve

Congratulations on the new bike. I just picked up the standalone backrest from Premier Cycle Accessories ( https://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/category_s/614.htm ) for my new to me '06. It's a nice, well-made unit, my wife likes it, and the price was reasonable, at least to me (I'm accustomed to buying very pricey Harley parts). Enjoy your new ride.

Woof!

The PCA Backrest is great, as long as you don't want a Trunk (they both won't fit). It bolts easily to '06-'08, but the '05 will require drilling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Phil on your purchase of the best ride on the planet! :yahoo: Also agree, first farkle has gotta be some good sliders. And the 05's are, of course, the fastest of the FJR's :rolleyes: Jay

You'll love the FJR and don't let other members give you any guff about not riding on the ice. I live in Utah and ride all winter unless the visibility is too low for motorists to see me or it is actually slick. I was born in Witchita though and remember the ice. It can get nasty. BTW, say hi to Dorothy and Toto for me. That oil can really did the trick.

Going to make it NFO?

Congrats on the new purchase :clapping: I just bought an 05 a few months ago and absolutly love it! I spent the night in Salina KS Sat night on the way home from Breckenridge, it was cold, not to mention all the snow through KS! I just bought some Tourmaster gear a couple of weeks ago, rode to work at about 28 deg, only thing that got cold was the hands. I am thinking of heated grips so I can ride all year!