Pic's Of The New FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIGHLANDER

naewittyshitepostedeere
Reaction score
The new FJR was previewed by our gang of 13 riders and all liked the improvements! The main thing I got from talking to the reps a couple of times about the " heat problem " is they determined the bike nedded to flow more air through the bike to cool it down. Many mods were done in this area as the pic's will show.

The only FJR model there was the new electronic shift model, in the fastest Cerulean Silver color :D

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The main thing I got from talking to the reps a couple of times about the " heat problem "
Since some Cypress reps were there, did anyone hit them up about the alledged ticking "fix" (new valve stem seals)?

The seat sits on a plastic " sub " frame that has two positions to allow high or low. My pic's of the sub frame and underseat area did not come out. Post up if anyone has those.

Seat in low position.

IMG_0315.jpg

New gauges

IMG_0316.jpg

Blurry pic of the rear peg. Notice the " heel guards " to save the pipes

IMG_0317.jpg

Rear shot ot the rack area.

IMG_0318.jpg

Sorry WC, I spaced and did not ask them that, I'm sure one of the others may have. Maybe MadMike, he talks a lot ! :D

New adjustable fairing, removing the screw shown and one not pictured allows the fairing width to be adjustable. ( new fairing will not fit older bikes per the rep )

IMG_0319.jpg

New curved radiator

IMG_0320.jpg

Pic of the gap under the tank, both the front and rear now have a larger gap to allow more airflow. New undertank insulation was supposedly added also.

IMG_0321.jpg

New fork, calipers and the wheels are pollished Bling !!
IMG_0322.jpg

Another fairing pic

IMG_0323.jpg

New front end, seems to be a larger gap to allow more air again.

IMG_0328.jpg

Newadjustable bars

IMG_0330.jpg

Mirrors should be good for a couple more MPH ! :D
IMG_0331.jpg

Vent between the light and fairing to allow more airflow again
IMG_0332.jpg

More bling with the polished rims

IMG_0333.jpg

I assume this is part of the new electro shift mechanism

IMG_0334.jpg

Another shot of the peg area

IMG_0335.jpg

Hazard switch moved to the right hand controls

IMG_0352.jpg

You can see the trigger for upshifting the trans
IMG_0354.jpg

Trigger below the horn button for downshifting, round button for the heated grips.

IMG_0356.jpg

Radiator reservoir moved to the opposite side and larger, more air flow here than before.

IMG_0357.jpg

Thats all the pics I have available, all in all it was a smart move by Mamma Yamma, the places was packed with all types of bikes, parking was tight later in the day.

I can't believe I didn't go to this. I checked online and the Yamaha site said it was a sportbike introduction, not the whole line, so I decided to leave it to the squids. Rats.

Is it my imagination or are the cans more compact on the new bike? If so, wonder if they will retrofit?

Warchild - What's your gut feeling about '06 parts being used on older models. Do you think anything will transfer over (bars, seat, etc)?

Highlander, thanks for the pics and comments on the items. Did anyone get info from the Yamaha Reps about the performance of the AE and the shifting process and effectiveness?

So was your overall opinion that you would trade up or was there not enough change for the additional dollars?? Thanks, Greg :blink:

Thanks for the preview! Did you notice any bungee clips (area's for hooks) for the new tail rack? There dosen't seem to be any place to hook a bungee in the pics. I was glad to see that they still have the rack though.

Mark

thanks for the pics!!

did you happen to notice if they we going with the metzler again? dunplops?

in the pic of the left handlebar shift controls, looks like they just added a plug where the hazard switch was... seems like a ready made spot for a datel...

Vent between the light and fairing to allow more airflow again
IMG_0332.jpg
Does this feature come with a bug removal tool? :p

Has Madmike figured out yet how to post pics, you could be on your own there Highlander. :p

The tick issue is the question I need to have clarified before I pony up for a new FJR. Since there's another round of PDP, I will not be springing for one for at least another year or so. :beee: