Pic's Of The New FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the photos and great report Highlander and MM2!

BTW - Did MM2 ever find you at Alice's after you ditched him? ;)

Yep he found us back at Alice's after the ride. MM2 offered to ride sweep, the pack split in two groups ( as it usually does later in the day ), the last rider in the first group did not wait for the second group to catch up when we came to a specific turn in the route, MM2 and a few others went straight and missed the turn and were gone for a while. I thought a rider at the back with the grey 'stich on was MM2, glad he found us 'cause we were all worried for a spell, he's been known to throw a perfectly good FJR down the hillside !! ;)

Nice job, guys! Sorry I missed it but I would have been sorrier if I had left home Saturday. I did manage to install the Mokos that showed up Friday (only one drop too late). And a set of moko bar ends as well. :D These farkles are starting to weigh. I guess I could always shed 15 or 20 pounds myself though. Hmmm, new improved cooling system, hmmm. Maybe they do actually run a little hot. So, when's the next get-together?

Oops! The rider that did not wait at the south end of Gazos Creek road was me. Group riding foul! Sorry. A few riders headed south when we exited from Bonny Doon Road onto Hwy 1 so I thought I became last.

Hope eveyone made it home safe without incident with the only mishap being the bee that entered my helmet causing the rather frantic pullover on 238 to remove it before it got really pissed. It flew off or dropped into the leaves after I removed my helmet so I didn't actualy see if the little beastie was indeed a bee or wasp, but it sure sounded like one buzzing around in the space between my helmet and my ear. Thanks to everyone who stopped to render assistance. I'm not deathly allergic to bee stings but the ear is on my list of the worst places to get stung. I'm switching to a beanie helmet to reduce this risk (or break my bad habit of riding with my shield up, sunglasses only, when the weather's nice).

Anyway, I bagged a few pics of the underseat of the 06 requested by Highlander.

frame2.jpg

frame1.jpg

frame3.jpg

I'm not running out and buying an '06 (I can't afford to, right now), but I'm thoroughly impressed with Yamaha.

Yes, it took them a few years. Yes, they didn't let us know that the '05 was end-of-a-model year.

Yes, it weighs more and costs more. But the improvements are way beyond just cosmetic, and even tho' the purists (or the prudes) may rage about the auto tranny, or the weight, or this or that, at least it shows Yamaha has not forgotten the FJR. (How many years has the Concours looked the same (20?, 30?)?, For how many years was the Honda ST1100 basically unchanged?).

The auto tranny is one reason why I'll probably buy in a couple of years. The purists can have their version, but I'm having a bone spur removed from the top of my shifting toe this week. I hope my left hip will stop hurting at nights after that. I would WELCOME an auto tranny on my FJR!...if I had known, I would've waited one more year to get the 06. Way too many improvements to pass up.

Okay, I said it before: If you can afford to buy a new one, I won't be jealous. I'll be riding. But damn!

:beee:

BTW, the wheels are not polished, but powder-coated a bright silver that closely resembles the polished look. I'd bet those would look good on the '05 Blue bikes. If we can't be "faster" or "classic" we could bling them..... ;)

Maybe Yamaha can find a technical rep with the right assets....
Whoa, I just found that pic that Warchild posted...

Man, I've had some real nice farkles in my life but, nothing ever quite so...ahh..."pneumatic"?

"enhanced"? can't find the right word...

Is she from Silicon Valley, then? :lol:

Nice pictures!! I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't like a few of the cosmetic changes. Don't like the mirrors, dash, rear luggage rack, or the way the seat looks like it is going under the passenger seat. I do like the new radiator, and the plastic looks good (but no better than my 05). One thing I would have liked to see added are a couple of helmet locks. All the changes for heat are probably a good thing, but I don't have much of a problem with my bike now that I did a couple of the heat fixes, all of which are cheaper than a new bike. And I like shifting with my foot.

Maybe Yamaha can find a technical rep with the right assets....
Whoa, I just found that pic that Warchild posted...

Man, I've had some real nice farkles in my life but, nothing ever quite so...ahh..."pneumatic"?

"enhanced"? can't find the right word...

Is she from Silicon Valley, then? :lol:
And we all know that Warchild runs 42/42. :haha:

Well looks like the Comandante has censored again. My link on the other board last four days... four days longer than I thought it would. How childish is this guy??? Latest pics available of the 06 and he deletes and censors the thread? WTF is this guy on.. :huh:

Holy Crap !!! I'm glad my wife wasn't looking over my shoulder - she'd suspect I'm into bikes for the wrong reasons !!!! :D

Aside from the "pneumatic" display -

Highlander and Bikeama, thanks for posting those pics - It almost makes the wait tolerable.

FYI - I contacted Bike Johnny about the Moto sliders working on the 06 - and they don't yet know if they will work. I suspect that a lot of FJR farkles will have to be redesigned for the 06.

Question for Warchild - does Dean Tanji belong to this forum? I would guess that his tank would have to be modified. Just curious. He lives somewhere near me (we have the same area code) and I'd be happy to volunteer my 06 for DE work - but he'd have to wait for my CA delivery !!

Yup, I'm on this forum. Other than the photos here and on other lists, I'm hoping to see my first '06 FJR at the Long Beach MC Show this Saturday.

The basic fuel cell should remain the same. The foot with slot that locks into the sub-frame will change. If anyone in SoCal gets delivery of one of the '06 models, I'd appreciate spending an hour taking photos and measurments of the subframe area.

Dean Tanji

Tustin, CA

[email protected]

Cell: 714/822-5732

Dean, I will gladly let you measure my 06 AE when it arrives. I was hoping that I could use your #6 unit that is on my 05(38k miles now). Let me know if you want it as soon as I get the bike. Good to see your post and congrats on your high finish in IBR 2005.

The '06 looks nice, but not enough for me to sell my '05. I like the '05's and I like the FJR graphic on the lower fairing too. I don't like linked brakes or push button shifting! Thats getting a little too car like for me.

But if they (Yam) come out with a Red or Blk FJR for '07 or '08 count me in for the trade.

MJ ;)

appreciate you making the effort, and taking the time to share with all of us "addicts"

Highlander,

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us.

It looks as if the fairing lowers don't have the inner panels any more.Is that right?

Does the silly glove box still exist?

dobias <_<

@dobias...

Yes the glovebox still exists; the door to it is now painted to match the fairings. Saw 2 06s at the Cycle World show down here a few weeks ago.

AND HEY, what about a group buy on that 'hot chick' farkle? :clap: