Pictures of past toys you miss

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'68 Belanca Citabria (heel brakes and all :) , not mine, but belonged to a club and I was the only guy who flew it for about 6 months until someone else pogo-sticked it into a snow fence trying to land it and tore off the wing and landing gear) :angry2:
Griff
Inverted fuel system, large flaps and radio???

If it was a 7KCAB it should have had inverted systems. The Citabria is a fun little plane, good for very basic acro and it flies and lands as gently as its grandparent, the Champ 7AC.

Citabria spelled backwards is Airbatic.

If it was a 7KCAB it should have had inverted systems....
I hate it when you fellows talk airplanes and I don't know what they look like.

(Now I'll go look up "inverted systems"......)

KCAB.jpg

Inverted fuel and oil system. You know, for the guys who like to fly the little planes upside down. :) Couldn't do that (for long) with 7ECA model. :D

Inverted fuel and oil system. You know, for the guys who like to fly the little planes upside down. :) Couldn't do that (for long) with 7ECA model. :D

I was lucky enough to train on Citabrias ( and yes that was a cute reverse way to create a name), one was pretty basic (I think a 110 hp, no radio and no flaps) and the other was 150 hp, flaps, inverted fuel and radio. I loved those puppies! We had a satellite school set up in High Level, Alberta, in the mid 60"s, with 2 new aircraft, 2 instructors and a mechanic, (one of the instructers had a very friendly and cute new wife, I'm ashamed to say). He was not the one with the acrobatic instructor rating. We had 15 or so students and had an excellent time. Wish I had one of those toys!

73Rickman.jpg

67Stang.jpg

(Still kicking myself for selling this)

and yeah I always parked like an asshat :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My '95 Magna, sure regret selling it!

95magna-1.jpg

My '69 Cessna 177 (Cardinal) with engine upgrade and modified/slotted stabilator....sure do miss it

jayN29334inAir.jpg

And my little MG-B...can't remember what year model it was, but sure had some great times in it.

MGB.gif

A maroon one popped up for sale near the dog park that I frequent. It was a real challenge to not buy it. The guy wanted $1200 for it and it seemed to be in fair shape. It sold about a week later.

ha...here's when people called me one of the nice-est people on the road...
I call bullshit!

people still call you one of the nice-est people on the road... ;)
thanx Fred...I feel da luv... :yahoo:

here's my first street bike (notice the 16" front wheel) and the one I and wifey fell in love with each other on a local ride...knew it crossing the F. Edward Hebert Bridge over the mighty Mississippi - Destrehan to Luling:

3830912948_fdbbca2be3.jpg

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'