Pictures of past toys you miss

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Q

Reaction score
BusaHeaders004.jpg

IMAGE_104.jpg

thDCP_0003.jpg

DCP_0737.jpg

ZR1wheels_0129.jpg

Just a few

My biggest regret is that I don't have a single picture of some of my favourite toys from years gone by.... :ermm:

'74 CB360T (first bike) :wub:

'73 Roadrunner (acquired in exchange for paying off a buddy's speeding tickets so he'd stay out of jail) :withstupidsmiley:

'68 Belanca Citabria (heel brakes and all :) , not mine, but belonged to a club and I was the only guy who flew it for about 6 months until someone else pogo-sticked it into a snow fence trying to land it and tore off the wing and landing gear) :angry2:

*sigh*

Griff

My Carter 30 (green canvas) anchored in St Augustine, FL. That good old sailing boat took me safely up & down the east coast and the Caribbean. I lived aboard her and cruised for nearly 10 years.

StAugiebridge02.jpg

Car turned out to be a piece of shit, but when it was new I loved it. Also the first car I ever bought brand new, on payments and everything. (Wow! You mean I qualify for credit!!??!??!) 1985, one of the first V-6 Fieros in town, and completely reinforced what I already knew about never buy the first anything GM does. I thought since it was built from parts they'd used for years in Chevettes and Citations that it would be a little different. I just didn't think about it being built from parts they'd used in Chevettes and Citations. . . . . Nevertheless, until the clutch and pressure plate exploded and punched a hole in the bell housing, it was a great car and lots of fun.

WARNING TO THE FAINT OF HEART: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES DEPICT UNDEVELOPED BEACHFRONT PROPERTY, BUCKLE SHOES, AND MIRRORED SUNGLASSES. APPROACH WITH CAUTION!!!!!

Fiero1.jpg

fiero3.jpg

FieroMay85sm.jpg

I still regret selling my TJ:

3806971446_ab2b243b95.jpg

Another shot:

3806153083_638b629845.jpg

I wouldn't have sold my Bandit if I hadn't had orders to Japan. The cost to license it there was just too much. I had planned on upgrading to an FJR eventually, but figured I'd turn the Bandit into more of a toy. Had it for 6 years (and this was taken right before I sold it). Wouldn't trade the FJR for it, but I loved that bike...

3806153171_59a225a885.jpg

'68 Belanca Citabria (heel brakes and all :) , not mine, but belonged to a club and I was the only guy who flew it for about 6 months until someone else pogo-sticked it into a snow fence trying to land it and tore off the wing and landing gear) :angry2:
Griff
Inverted fuel system, large flaps and radio???

Last edited by a moderator: