Pirelli Angel evaluation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arise sleeping thread!

I am going to be taking a loooong trip next spring from Va to Ca to Tx to Va (*EDIT* looks like the trip is going to be about 6600 miles long). It looks like this might be the tire to make that trip on. Can I get opinions/comments from previous posters that have ran the tire. I currently have PR2s mounted and noticed slippage on wet pavement in the turns which is NOT a fun thing for me and my riding style (i.e. conservative).
Last year 2010 I rode across Canada coast to coast then down the eastern seaboard to Tennessee, then back up to Kansas where I made my first tire change! The tires had just over 17,000 kms and I think may have had another 1500 kms in them but I was able to get another set of PR2's in Kansas, Missouri. I was loaded for camping as well as my gear for such a long trip. I am about 220lbs and think the Michelin's are the best tire for this particular bike? IMHO! We didn't just pound interstates either as we did Skyline drive, Blue Ridge mtns, all the way down to and including the Dragon,Cherahola (sp), Great Smokey mtns etc. Before that we had ridden the Gaspe in Quebec and the Cabot trail, neither of those roads were as tight as some of the roads in the US.

I've 6700 miles on Dunlop Roadsmarts, front and rear, and will guess that they'll be good for at least another 3k to 4K. No problems at all with the front and both are wearing well. I do prefer them over the Metzlers Roadtecs that came stock.

I 've got 4K on my Angels and just barely got rid of the 'haloes'. Looks like lots of life left. Quite a nice surprise after only getting 4500 out of the OEM Bridgestone BT021s. :)