Plastic Removable Rivet Source?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtngoat

Reaction score
I've finally (I think) completed all the electrical farkles I want on my bike, but in taking the fairing access panels off I have broken a finger off one or two of my removable plastic rivets. Does anyone know of a good source for replacements?

The dealer has them listed for $1.05 each. I went surfing and found The Fastener Warehouse, who has automotive removable rivets at $5.50 per 25.. But the are not the same, the head and shaft are too large. But it sure would be nice to find another source than the rapists at the dealership..

Thanks.

$1.05 is rape? Would $1.25 be sodomy? :huh:

You bother to review the online part sources you were suggested to read when you signed up? The best prices you're going to find on the Yamaha parts are there.

You might be able to find a comparable product elsewhere, but me thinks you're going to spend FAR more than 50 cents in time and effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww geez. :blink: Head, Shaft, and Rapists all in the same quote?? :huh:

:lol2: :good: Dood! ya had it comin to ya.

:jester:

He's gotta be unemployed......just like me.....looking for a free blowjob er sumpin.

motosport.com

10 pack is $5.

Three sizes to choose from; M6, M8, and M8 3stage.

Brand name is Bolt.

Which plastic rivets are you talking about? There are 4 of them on the Gen I.

ZanottiMotor.com - Between $.43 - $.57 for the 4 various rivets.

I just did a big order of spare consumables, as mine was getting a little low. I ALWAYS have a few spare of everything on hand. I bought about $200 worth of stuff, and shipping wasn't too bad either.

He must be a tightass cause'n he said the head and shaft were too large :unsure: :unsure: just have a couple drinks, use a little lube and for gods sake, relax my friend

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be able to find a comparable product elsewhere, but me thinks you're going to spend FAR more than 50 cents in time and effort.
And shipping. I do this all the time. I get mad at the dealer and find a part for $8 less and pay $12 more to UPS.

And shipping. I do this all the time. I get mad at the dealer and find a part for $8 less and pay $12 more to UPS.
That's why you order a bunch of stuff at one time like I do. Oil filters, air filters, crush washers, brake pads, fuel line cover, spare fasteners, spare nylon windshild screws, spare hex bolts......................

Greatly reduces the impact of shipping.

I have found napa parts to be a source for less expensive panel clips. They carry a variety of sizes and styles to fit the countless number of automotive applications.

There has been no need to purchase additional clips for my FJR, however my Honda VFR also has a ass load of poorly designed fairing panel clips. I have purchased non Honda replacements at The Napa parts warehouse near my house in atlanta ga

You may be able to check out the selection on line before making the drive to the retail store.

He must be a tightass cause'n he said the head and shaft were too large :unsure: :unsure: just have a couple drinks, use a little lube and for gods sake, relax my friend
spoken like a true expert.