PNW Spring 2010 - Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I have the new head stem triple clamp jigger to install - anyone want to help?!

No problem. Do you have the drill jig and coblat drill bit to drill out the key switch bolts? If not could be difficult task.

PM Me

On my schedule if at all possible. Think I still have address and map from last fall, if I do not I will PM. Jim

OK, I have drill bits in hand.

Brian - you you have a torque wrench? I'm guessing yes. ;)

Next up, IIRC, I think you also have a drill press... am I close?

...and (perhaps I asked this before) should I look at replacing my head bearings as well. I know they only have 2800 mile son them, just wondering if they are reusable in this operation, or if, to be safe, I should snag new ones just in case. I could always use them down the road...

IIRC, I think I bought a fuse block at the MC show, too. May bring that along, too. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Marcus, I might get your guidance on this install. Just need to run a wire, though - one wire - not trying to wrap the whole bike in copper and turn it into an electro-magnet... ;)

I will attend. Thanks for hosting. I have so much delayed maintance that I cannot even begin to start working on my bike. Maybe I will just watch and have a beer. HaHa.

anyone going from North of Seattle who knows the way and wouldn't mind being followed???

anyone going from North of Seattle who knows the way and wouldn't mind being followed???
Last time a bunch of us met in Redmond and rode down together.

I EXPECT the same top-level treatment form the gang around here this time, Barb, so I think you'd be a happy addition to the crowd. :)

Many of those on this side of Seattle are very friendly... :clapping:

I EXPECT the same top-level treatment form the gang around here this time, Barb, so I think you'd be a happy addition to the crowd. :)

Kewl, let me know when and where you guys are hooking up :)

A lot of us are North of Seattle in Snohomish and Skagit Counties. It will be no problem to hook up with a group. I am sure as it gets closer the planning will begin.

Kewl, let me know when and where you guys are hooking up :)
Barb, I'm most likly the farthest North, be glad to take you to down if the weather is cool we can take the back roads.

...and (perhaps I asked this before) should I look at replacing my head bearings as well. I know they only have 2800 mile son them, just wondering if they are reusable in this operation, or if, to be safe, I should snag new ones just in case. I could always use them down the road...

IIRC, I think I bought a fuse block at the MC show, too. May bring that along, too. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Marcus, I might get your guidance on this install. Just need to run a wire, though - one wire - not trying to wrap the whole bike in copper and turn it into an electro-magnet... ;)
yep on the torque wrench, drill press. I would not be worried about steering bearings yet. No problem on the fuze block

yep on the torque wrench, drill press. I would not be worried about steering bearings yet. No problem on the fuze block
Sweet - I'll grab some 10/12 gauge wire and other items as needed. :)

Oh yeah, out fo curiosity, is anyone coming to this event vegetarian by chance?

[SIZE=18pt]AuburnFJR - check your PMs... ;) [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweet - I'll grab some 10/12 gauge wire and other items as needed. :)

Oh yeah, out fo curiosity, is anyone coming to this event vegetarian by chance?

[SIZE=18pt]AuburnFJR - check your PMs... ;) [/SIZE]
Will tonight, work is getting in the way...

Duane,

It always start with just ONE WIRE!...LOL