PNWFO: Group Ride to NAFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess that would be a (pony)keg then, right? :D --G
Well that didn't take long - I thought it would be a day or two before someone caught that!
I'm really slipping... :blink: I completely missed that one!

I'm curious as to how many people will actually be converging on Steamboat Springs in addition to the 13 from the ride group. I'm up to 16 with escapefjrtist, FJRay and mooseonagoose. I'm thinking I might call a couple of restuarants around that area to reserve a section for next Wednesday evening...?

Sounds good Marty, maybe a pizza place? Or a buffet restaurant usually has a back room. (thinking Izzy's type of place)

Bill

Marty, add a couple more to the list. There are three (including me) in my group. Pizza, any style buffet...all is good if they have available space. Hope to see everyone there!

--G

P.S. Received your email with the information...Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Given that the majority of this group is staying in hotels on the South end of town, I tried to find something that was within "reasonable" walking distance from the hotels. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I do plan on having a few pints of adult beverages after a long day's ride and I'd prefer to leave the bike (and keys) out of harms way. ;)

With that in mind, I found a decent place a little over a mile or so from the hotel. Nice atmosphere, good food (per reviews), and a decent beer menu (BTW: happy hour kicks in @ 10:00PM. $2.00 drafts. Need I say more?). Details as follows:

Slopeside Grill

1855 Ski Time Square Dr

Steamboat Springs CO 80487

+1 (970) 879-2916

Reservation Info:

Date: Wed., 7/23

Time: 8:00 PM

Name: Martin / FJR Group

Party: 20 persons

The Hostess that evening is Camille. The restaurant will block off an area and prep one long table for the group. Separate checks OK.

I hope this works for everyone..!

As of 7 p.m. tonight, new tires on, oil changed, ECU swap finally done. Scrubbin' in my tires a bit and road testing this ECU gadget tomorrow. See you folks in Clackamas on Tuesday a.m. I'll be on one of the faster '06 FJRs.

Been keeping an eye on fires and we've been pretty lucky for our route...until this. But hey! Who doesn't like campfire smell?

Been keeping an eye on fires and we've been pretty lucky for our route...until this. But hey! Who doesn't like campfire smell?
I love the smell of napalm campfires in the morning! (It's certainly a better smell than dead skunk stink getting trapped inside your lid! :puke: )

As of 7 p.m. tonight, new tires on, oil changed, ECU swap finally done. Scrubbin' in my tires a bit and road testing this ECU gadget tomorrow. See you folks in Clackamas on Tuesday a.m. I'll be on one of the faster '06 FJRs.
I'll see your new tires, oil change and ECU swap, and raise you a bike that's been completely RejeX'd! (Ok, it's now so shiny it's gay - not that there's anything wrong with that..., but it's so slick the bugs can't stick!)

Left San Luis Obispo Friday noon, arrived Roseburg OR about 0100. Very smokey through Redding and Shasta. As in I'm sure I could have smoked 15 packs and been better off. Eerie.
I'm in Salem now, with spotty wi-fi. Ralph, and other south of Portland locals, want to meet to ride up to the Portland start point? If so, call me on my cell or post here. Cell is guaranteed, wi-fi and forum is maybe.

Mananna at 0900 is Oregon City for GP Suspension front fork upgrade! :rolleyes:

Ralph, and other south of Portland locals, want to meet to ride up to the Portland start point? If so, call me on my cell or post here. Mananna at 0900 is Oregon City for GP Suspension front fork upgrade! :rolleyes:
I'm too iffy for a pre-start point meeting. My mom is overnight at the house Monday night, then she is taking my 6 year old daughter home with her to Spokane at the same time I'm leaving Tuesday a.m. for NAFO. I need to make sure they're on the road before I can leave, in order to ensure house is secure and the alarm is on. It will likely be a speed run to Clackamas at 7:59 a.m. for me.

Good luck at GP. That should be great.