posi-taps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timk

timk
Reaction score
Does anyone know a retailer that sells posi-taps electrical taps, where I can walk in and buy???Maybe someone national??? Don't have time to order over the net. Maybe a national auto parts place,or such. Advancwe, AutoZone didn't have them on their sites. Radio Shack didn't have them on their site, so........

I bought some posi-loc splice connectors from NAPA auto parts. I think I saw some posi-taps as well but they had pretty small supply.

I had trouble finding them a few weeks ago when I was looking. Checked some NAPA stores but they only had a few posi-connectors and no plans to order anymore. I finally had to order the posi-taps on-line directly from Posi-Lock and I have the definite impression that they are setting up their distribution channel for on-line only.

Just a word of caution about the posi-taps; you might not get a very good connection if you are working with very fine wires. Happened to me.

I had trouble finding them a few weeks ago when I was looking. Checked some NAPA stores but they only had a few posi-connectors and no plans to order anymore. I finally had to order the posi-taps on-line directly from Posi-Lock and I have the definite impression that they are setting up their distribution channel for on-line only.
Just a word of caution about the posi-taps; you might not get a very good connection if you are working with very fine wires. Happened to me.

I had the same issue when I used a posi-tap to set up my eastern beaver fuse block. I attached the posi-tap that was supplied by eastern beaver to the windscreen wire to activate my relay. When I got all the connections completed the relay would not activate. I checked the posi-tap connection and discovered that it did not put the required hole in the windshield wire to make the connection. This was not a fault of the posi-tap it was my fault for not using the correct sized posi-tap for a small wire. Other than that I sure love the posi-tap and eastern beaver products.

I found posi-tap and posi-lock products at my local Napa store.

Yep-if you use one that's to large the pricker thingy misses the wire and doesn't penetrate.

I found them and ordered them at my local NAPA store.
Gunny!

Tim - I've got a large NAPA store / distribution center close by. They sell 'em. If ya wanna stock up and are gonna be in the Columbus area lemme know.

I took a quickey look at their website and checked Retailers:

Posi-Products.com

Carquest - All New Products

Napa - All New Products CLICK HERE CATALOG PAGE

Orschlen Farm & Home - Posi-Lock, Posi-Twist

Crutchfield - Mobile Electronic Kits, Posi-Twist, Posi-Taps, Blade Fuseholder