Possbile TechWest for 2009?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Dan Denchell and the good folks at Desert Valley Powersports and FJRGoodies.com are very interested in hosting another "TechWest" session this year in Prosser, WA. The usual suspect for organizing these things is on sabbatical and I'm seriously ate up with WFO, the Iron Butt Rally, and a little campaign I'm working on. ;)

So, I'm looking for a volunteer...preferably a previous attendee....that would want to do some moderate lifting to organize the event.

Mainly, it would be working with folks at DVP to schedule, line up hotel options for the travelers, arrange volunteer bikes for whatever should be demonstrated (i.e. if a person's ignition switch needs to be be redone, an ECU swap, ever-classic throttle body synch, tire patch, replacing Gen 1speedo bulbs....whatever would be of interest to attendees), and generally act as point person.

I'd even volunteer my home to host a BBQ the evening before.

Traditionally, the event has usually been in May when the weather is decent and passes are open, but not cast in stone.

Those interested should PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
My PM box has been fairly quiet. Other than a long-time regional event volunteer with lots on their own plate offering to stand-by if no response...the only peep I've gotten is from somebody that wants to attend but not organize.

Folks in the PNW, here's your chance to give back to the community that has given so much to you. It's not a huge duty and promises to put you in the running for FJR Community Contributor of the Year...which everybody knows involves free round-trip first class airfare to the black tie event we hold every year at an undisclosed location to spend all the profit we've made on the forum. ;)

Second call.

Any volunteers?

Damn. I only wish I lived up there. I would be all over it.

There is no dealership down here that would ever even consider hosting an event like this. You PNW guys don't know how lucky you have it.

Please, somebody step up. This is one hell of an opportunity that you don't want to let slip through your fingers.

I'd certainlly like to help, but have no expriance doing anything like that. Being on the wetside doesn't help either.

If there was something I could do to help let me know.

Just a follow-up that several fine forum dwellers have stepped forward and are working now to setup a TechWest 2009. Stand by for an announcement to follow including what can easily be a kick-ass BBQ the night before. Think possibly latter half of May...early June depending on what works for volunteers and Desert Valley Powersports.

Thanks folks! :clapping:

PM me if help is needed. I am happy to jump in...I saw that Auburn and Jazz fired off notes so I will make myself available to them as well.

DougC and I are working on the details with the Desert Valley Powersports. We'll have something out as soon as everything is confirmed.

Looking forward to learning more about this get-together!

Will hopefully fit in my weird work schedule so I can get a chance to meet youse guys!... Plus, BBQ ain't all bad either! :clapping:

Will be watching for updates.

Don

If there is anything I could help with, I will be more then happy to do what I can. I can haul stuff from Portland in a large truck and trailer if need be, you just name it.

Carl

Right now we are still trying to get the date nailed down. Once we have that, then we'll get more info out.

Right now we are still trying to get the date nailed down. Once we have that, then we'll get more info out.
Last weekend in May, last weekend in May, last weeekend in May, last weekend in May... Oh, was I doing my wishful thinking out loud..?? ;)