Possible issue? not really sure???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamx

Reaction score
So I've heard about some of the stalling issues but today I went for a quick ride to test out my new V Stream windshield, it was a short 20 mile ride and at a stop light I decided to just bump the throttle, just a quick little twist. I thought I heard a little pop and the engine died, it fired back up immediately and I didn't try it a second time. Applying fast steady throttle I have no issue and just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

You might get a slight hesitation or 'pop' as you describe it, though it's not a widespread problem. Make sure the idle is at 1100 rpm and remember that you're not riding a Harley... ;)

--G

So I've heard about some of the stalling issues but today I went for a quick ride to test out my new V Stream windshield, it was a short 20 mile ride and at a stop light I decided to just bump the throttle, just a quick little twist. I thought I heard a little pop and the engine died, it fired back up immediately and I didn't try it a second time. Applying fast steady throttle I have no issue and just wondering if anyone else has seen this?
I have a new 09 and I have had the same problem. Most of the time it is with a bump of the throtttle, but it has died with no bump while in neutral or the clutch pulled in. I have only had it a month and I am going to take it to my dealer and see what they can do.

Thanks for posting! I thought maybe it was just me.

:blink: