POST SFO 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we're thinking about having it anywhere near the same location I can't bring myself to pay for another night at The Hub. I think it's in a great location but if they don't invest in the hotel I don't see the need to ever visit again.

Nice pics Mike. Thanks again for your efforts in putting this rally together.

The rally was a hoot. I liked that it was not an overly organised affair. The roads are great, the owners & wait staff are friendly, the food is good, Happy is a cool dog, and The Hub itself is a good venue for riders. I'd definitely attend another rally there.

Can someone make a sig graphic for SFO 2012? Maybe change the SFO 2011 graphic to 2012?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess everyone has been too busy trying to get settled back in at home to post up a few pics (except for Patriot of course). So here goes nothing....

At Gixxer's suggestion, I had to stop at Bozo's in Mason, TN on the way to Arkansas. You have to try the Coconut Pie!

IMG_5012.JPG

Closing out the day heading into Memphis for the night.

IMG_5015.JPG

Crossing the Mighty Mississip.

IMG_5028.JPG

This lake is in Old Pilot's backyard, well almost...

IMG_5063.JPG

Headed up Push Mountain.

IMG_5074.JPG

Striking out early from The Hub for Hot Springs, and the fun along the way...

IMG_5088.JPG

SevensOn at the old Hankins Country Store in Pelsor, AR. Opened in 1922 Too bad its no longer open.

IMG_2017.JPG

A couple of pics from the Ozarks.

IMG_5099.JPG

IMG_5115.JPG

IMG_5102.JPG

IMG_5104.JPG

This one is for Old Michael only. Everyone else should skip to the next pic.

IMG_5128-1.jpg

Taking a break along AR 7 South of Russelville.

IMG_2019.JPG

IMG_2022.JPG

IMG_2028.JPG

Stopped for lunch in Ola. If you don't know what "fixins" are ask Sevens0n.

IMG_5145.JPG

IMG_5146.JPG

We made it to Hot Springs. Thought I'd tell ya in case you couldn't figure it out...

IMG_5151.JPG

Take your pick of which bathhouse you want.

IMG_5158.JPG

We decided to hit the bar instead.

IMG_5159.JPG

IMG_5168.JPG

After a medicinal beverage it was time to start heading back to Marble Falls.

IMG_5172.JPG

IMG_5173.JPG

Some of the crew gassed up and ready to roll the next day. We even took along some Cornbread.

IMG_5176.JPG

Crossed the lake on the ferry. Not feeling as chipper as the others as I was somewhat over served the night before so I'm bringing up the rear. :dribble:

IMG_5187.JPG

I finally had to pull the plug on the group ride and roll solo. What better for a little hangover? Why an Ole English Pub of course.

IMG_5210.JPG

IMG_5213.JPG

Outside the Cliff House overlooking the Grand Canyon of Arkansas.

IMG_2035.JPG

IMG_5225.JPG

Some real Arkansas fun...

IMG_2050.JPG

Not a great pic, but when in the Ozarks you have to make sure to visit the Ozark Cafe in Jasper.

IMG_5230.JPG

These ladies said, "Y'all come back now, ya hear!"

IMG_2054.JPG

Alright - I know you got 'em, so let's see 'em. Post up your pics guys!

Looks like youz guys had a lot of fun! What kind of temperatures were you seeing during the day?

Yeah it was nice Jeff. It got just a tad warm in the late afternoon, but other that that is was probably the best weather for SFO so far. Almost perfect.

GP

PS I took a lot of pics but don't know how to post them. Maybe someone can help me out with that. ;)

Yeah it was nice Jeff. It got just a tad warm in the late afternoon, but other that that is was probably the best weather for SFO so far. Almost perfect.

GP

PS I took a lot of pics but don't know how to post them. Maybe someone can help me out with that. ;)
Get a photobucket free account and get posting

Tutorial

Here's some of my pics from my trip to AR the week before SFO.

Hell Yeah I hopped on the easy way to make the 660 miles to Harrison.

One of them is not quite like the others...

DSCN7997.jpg

DSCN7998.jpg

When I was down there the weekend prior we took a 2nd ferry later in the day that was in the backwoods of Missouri and was only about 50 feet wide. There were a bunch of 'locals' that sit on the other side of the ferry and wait to see who comes and takes the ferry.

It goes across a crystal clear stream full of Rainbow trout. It's up in the Mark Twain national forest area after those sweet roads that are like roller coasters that go up and down. I actually did a 4th gear 'wheelie' at the top of one of them at about 100mph.

DSCN8069.jpg

DSCN8068.jpg

DSCN8067.jpg

DSCN8066.jpg

Somehow all 6 of our bikes missed this guy when we were deep into 123 so I pulled over and helped him across the road before he got clipped, nice little black rat snake.

DSCN8033.jpg

RSCN8040.jpg

DSCN8034.jpg

I liked the name of this place

DSCN8035.jpg

I saw a few of these heinous creations in Arkansas... had never seen one before. I am not joking when I think there were more trikes than bikes during the 4 days we rode there.

DSCN8027.jpg

Somewhere on highway 16 on a weekday

DSCN8089.jpg

Lunch at the highest point in AR.

DSCN8045.jpg

And of course the lucky "unique" gas stations you find in the middle of no where before buddy on the R1 runs out of gas...

DSCN8094.jpg

Look forward to getting out there again...

DSCN8073.jpg

DSCN8075.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: