Power Commander for '06 now Available

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temp357

Reaction score
Just got back this e-mail response from Dynojet. The PCIII for the '06 is available now. I'm hoping this will solve the low rpm surging issues without having to do the Fred H. shim mod. See e-mail from dynojet below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 8:14 AM

To: 'Ali Gilani'

Subject: RE:

Yes it is!

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 11:08 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject:

Hi is this item available yet?

419-411 for 2006 fjr 1300a

thx.

Yup.

Reported HERE already.

I am eagerly awaiting the results of several of you 06 guys trying this out. I too am interested to see how much effect it will have on the surging issue.

So git er done already!

So is this a plug an play unit or is it a Universal with 06 specific instructions? :)

So is this a plug an play unit or is it a Universal with 06 specific instructions? :)
Made and mapped for the '06.
Will it take the same downloads as the earlier versions?
That is a good question, but I have no answer. The Power Commander site has but one map for it. It would be my guess that if the old maps would work, they would have them listed. I believe there have been changes to the FJR fuel injection for the '06.

That is a good question, but I have no answer. The Power Commander site has but one map for it. It would be my guess that if the old maps would work, they would have them listed. I believe there have been changes to the FJR fuel injection for the '06.
Just talked with Dynojet. The 2006 PC accepts any download the earlier models used.

Just talked with Dynojet. The 2006 PC accepts any download the earlier models used.
That doesn't mean the map is appropriate for the bike. Given the change in the throttle and whatever changes were made to the fuel injection, i'd be hesitant to use the wally smoothness map on the '06.

But hey, what do i know! Let me know how it goes :unsure:

That doesn't mean the map is appropriate for the bike. Given the change in the throttle and whatever changes were made to the fuel injection, i'd be hesitant to use the wally smoothness map on the '06.

But hey, what do i know! Let me know how it goes :unsure:
Here is the email I received from Dynojet:

No, they are totally different units. You can copy and paste the maps if you are needing to try that set up. Let me know if you have further questions that I can help you with.

Thank you,

2006 FJR Power Commander III installation instructions at bottom of page on the Power Commander web site below.
2006 Power Commander III Installation Instructions

This one is for Tutorials on the Power Commanders

Animated Tutorials
I have one on the way.

Question 1. I am led to believe that the O2 sensor needs to be disconnected (this is not mentioned on the installation guide on the web site). Can anyone confirm that it's in the same place (right side) as on the previous gen bike. I'm assuming i'll need to remove the fairing on the right side to do this.

Question 2: It is necessary to lift the tank. Never done that on the FJR. Other than not having it full of gas and heavy, I take it there's no special trick, need to drain, etc.?