PR2 Front End Wobble with dynabeads balancing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried those Dynabead things too....but they kept coming out the back end of those two big chromey things under my side bags.

.....AND they were black and charred.

Wazzup wid dat?

Thank gawd this wasn't a blinker fluid thread. At least THAT shit works!

Last edited by a moderator:
Made a makeshift static balancer today using sawhorses, 2x4s and the axle, shimmed the axle and supports with washers to ensure everything was dead level and made sure the wheel was equidistant on each side. Ended up removing the existing half oz and adding 1 oz about 4" from the original weight. Much better, barely perceptible vibration between 85-95 which feels like it's in the rear so I'll do that one next week and see how it goes.

I'll still try the dynabeads on the next tire change again after a thorough cleaning of the inside of the tire as they have always worked in the past for me and given me longer tire life. If it doesn't work I'll post up and say so and if it does, I'll probably just keep that to myself
wink.gif

I have been using dyna beads with the last 4 sets of tires at least. Not one vibration or issue with them. I have ran shinko ravens, dunlops, and pilots. I am sold on them.

just pack the tires with as many of those little beady things as will fit. then you don't have to worry about leaks either.

I put dynabeads in a brand new set of PRII's and ruined the tires. I developed a wobble in the front end that started at about 85mph. I put up with it for a couple months, only for it to get even worse. I took the beads out and took my wheels down to have them balanced. The dynabeads caused the tires to become so far out of round, they could not be properly balanced. So I bought a new set and shit canned the bad tires.

Never again will I use any type of beads.

Never again will I use any type of beads.
I dunno, beads still work well in some applications.
MW-AJ100_mardi__20110308144407_MG.jpg
Zippy, when my email notifier went "BONG" for a new reply from the Forum, my heart went pitty-patter when I saw the reply to a subscribed topic was from you, knowing I was probably in for at least a smile, if not an outright laugh.....

.....you didn't disappoint!

:lol:

He dissapointed a little...why the HELL isn't he on the side EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKING THE PICTURE FROM?!!! We'll have to talk about the propper framing of photos.........sheesh...

Dynbeads, Metz Z6 tires, and zero vibration up to 100 mph but lots of vibration after that. But hey, how often do I actually brake 100 mph? ;)